Rolled Paper Flower

Tuesday, March 6, 2012


I hope the week is going well for you, my to do list seems to be growing by the day! Anyway I managed to make this card featuring some pretty digital papers and a rolled paper flower.


I sometimes forget about all the gorgeous digital papers and scrapbooking kits out there. I love the way you can pick your favorite papers from a pack and print as many as you like! I LOVE this beautiful foliage patterned paper from the Blue Jean Gypsy Paper Pack by Quirky Twerp available from The Digichick. The green background paper is from the same pack.


The sentiment is from the newly released stamp set Compact Sentiments from Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped using Coffee archival ink. I used one of the labels from Grommet Tags by Spellbinders.


The lovely Willow green twill ribbon is from the Craft Fairy. I added a bit of natural hemp in there too. Now, on to this flower. It was in a quilling book I recently purchased 'Quilled Flowers - A Garden of 35 Paper Projects' by Alli Bartkowski. They called it a Peony. There's not really much quilling in it, it's more of a rolled flower. It's pretty much the same as a spiral flower but on the template the outer circle has a fringed section, that ends up as the centre. The spiral isn't cut out straight either it has a wavy edge.


It said to use text weight paper but I used cardstock because it was the color I wanted to use! I didn't use the template in the book because I wanted to make a big flower, so I roughly copied it but made it larger, my spiral circle was about 7" in diameter and the finished flower ended up about 2 1/2" wide. Before I rolled it I inked all the edges front and back with a white ink pad just to add some color variation. For the fringed centre I used yellow chalk to color it.


The scariest part was after you cut out the spiral you have to scrunch it up in a ball! It does add nice texture though! Then you flatten it out and roll it, you can roll it on a quilling tool but I just did it by hand. Once it's rolled up, release it and glue the base. I was surprised how quick it was to make.


The bottom part of the card I embossed using Distressed Stripes embossing folder by Cuttlebug. All the edges were distressed with Antique Linen Distress Ink.


Here's the pretty inspiration photo I used to make this card! I'll be back on Thursday with my CASE Study card! Oh and I'll have some exciting news on Friday!!! ; )

6 comments

  1. That is a truely scrummy flower Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo, I love that digi paper and the peony - WOW - such a gorgeous colour and beautiful shape. love the sentiment and shape of the grommet tags too. Fabby card x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really lovely Clare. I love the flower & thanks for explaining how you did it. Have a super day!
    Luv, Babs xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Divine! The flower is amazing. I suspect it was your crafty touch that had it come out so darn pretty. The colour palette is so pretty too. I have never used digital papers but didn't think they were as lovely as these. I had no idea really. Beyond that flower that I heart so, the distressed panel at the bottom is fantastic. It adds such yummy texture and the orientation of the stripes is so cool. Just magical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flower on a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm smitten; into my favorties folder it goes...

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.