Waltzingmouse Stamps March Blog Party!!

Saturday, March 17, 2012

It's March 17th, it's Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party time!! In case you didn't know it's St.Patrick's Day today!! We've a long weekend here in Ireland because St.Patrick's Day is on a Saturday this year, so we have Monday off!! Ok, the official theme is St.Patrick's Day/Irish/Green! If you're not into St.Patrick's Day it's perfectly ok just to make something green. You can check the posting times for your direct links in this blog post. Just add the link to your project using the Inlinkz tool that will be available to you on the Waltzingmouse Makes Blog (Claire's blog!). Ok, on to my card!


I used the little cottage scene from Irish Blessings Stamp Set from Waltzingmouse Stamps, I extended the lines a little bit to make the scene a little bigger and I added a few little sheep. The Irish landscape is not complete without a few sheep! : )


I just looked at a few photos of sheep in the landscape and penciled them in first, making them the right size was the hardest bit! Once they looked ok I outlined them using some brown watercolor paint and a fine brush. They're just little blobs with heads really!


I colored the whole little Irish scene using watercolor paints, the pan palette type. I love the effects you can get with watercolors, especially the wet-in-wet technique. I stamped the scene using Coffee archival ink instead of black for a softer look.


I really wanted to keep the scene the focal point of the card so I kept the rest of the card pretty simple. I rounded the corners of the painted scene and green card (just by drawing around a button, seriously I don't have a corner rounder!) The background I embossed using a herringbone embossing folder. The sentiment is from the Celtic Heritage Stamp Set from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


The inside of the card I stamped using one of the sayings from the Irish Blessings Stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps, I love those little shamrock stamps!


That's it, I hope you're enjoying the blog party and have a chance to make something! We're heading to my hometown today to see the parade, we never miss it, hopefully it won't be too chilly, we'll go prepared though, wrapped in layers of... green!! : ) Happy St.Patrick's Day wherever you are in the world! Thanks for dropping by.

32 comments

  1. Stunning!!
    Just absolutely gorgeous...
    I feel like I'm in Ireland looking at this! :)
    So much lovely details...
    and those sheep are perfect!!
    Have a wonderful time at the parade! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just gorgeous Clare! Love your little sheep, a marvellous addition to this rural scene! Happy Partying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Clare - how pretty - this is just how I imagine Ireland to be - lots of beautiful green country side! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the sentiment! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Clare! A wonderful scene and a wonderful card. Is it just me who can't link my card yet?
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so very talented! I love this watercoloured scene with the extra cute liitle sheep you added - just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Happy St Patricks Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous, Clare. Your comment about the sheep is so true. Your little "blobs" with heads are so realistic. This reminds me of a small print that I purchased in Ireland and that I keep on my desk. Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely little water color painting you created Clare!! I LOVE your sweet little hand drawn sheep - maybe be can get our Claire to make some additional little sheep stamps!!!LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, look at you and your mad sheep creating skills. Love what you have done with this set. A lovely Irish countryside...makes me want to catch a plane to come visit. Happy St. Patrick's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your artistic ability shines brightly! Fabulous card-love those sheep! But no leprechauns? ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for taking us to Ireland on St. Patricks Day! Beautiful card and scene. Gorgeous coloriing! Cute sheep too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love the watercolour!beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is jaw dropping amazing. the details, the painging, everything really.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay I started to comment awhile ago, and don't remember finishing...did my daughter Claire (6) finish for me? Or did she just turn off the computer, ha!

    This is so awesome, Clare! I just love the sheep, cannot even believe that you drew them...second thought, yes I can :) They are the farthest thing from a "blob with a head" that I have ever seen, heeee! This looks like a beautiful folk art painting, LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow...this card is amazing and I love that you added the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Completely charming! You're a real artist Clare:)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy St Patrick's Day, Clare! Your card is SO gorgeous!! Love the beautiful scene and your colouring is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a gorgeous little work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Best St.Patricks day card I have seen. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card Clare! Such a pretty countryside scene! Happy St. Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm just in awe of what you did with this stamp - and how you 'just' added some extra sheep! What a wonderful scene you created - it looks like it should be framed! What an absolutely unique and very beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Way to let the image carry the card, though your added touches really push it over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  23. stunning, your watercolor is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Clare, you truly got the full essence of the "Old Country" just as I remember it. I hope and pray my Daddy can see it from above! I'm bound and determined I'll get back there one day very soon to see its beauty one more time. I love the sheep and the cottage and the countryside so very very much. Saying Thank You doesn't seem enough.thank You my new Friend with all my Irish Heart and many many Blessings to you amid yours.
    Many Irish Blessings and Love,
    Joanie O'Shelton Garramone

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh, how I love this! I had the pleasure of visiting Ireland a couple of years ago, and this brings back so many happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, how I love this! I had the pleasure of visiting Ireland a couple of years ago, and this brings back so many happy memories!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great minds! I love this image and sentiment - your card is so beautifully coloured! I do hope that you had a simply fabulous St Patrick's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Gorgeous! I have this stamp set (and love it) but never in my wilest dreams would I have thought of doing what you did with it. And even if I had there's no way it would have turned out so beautifully. You're very talented. Lovely, lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  29. SQUEALLLL!!!! I love those wee sheep!!!! genius!!! Hugs to you missy!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh this makes me smile :) Your little details have created such a beautiful scene, and your coloring is top notch! I love this, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  31. It's wonderful. It reminds me of the Mother Goose book of nursery rhymes landscapes.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Sorry this is so late, trying to get caught up! What a wonderful card, it makes me feel like I am in Ireland!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.