CARD PATTERNS - Sketch 160

Saturday, April 7, 2012




It's time for a new sketch at Card Patterns. This week's sponsor is Prickley Pear. The DT were sent some stamps to create with. Here's this week's sketch.


I went with a light and fresh color combo, lemon yellow, sky blue and white. I stamped the sentiment from Prickley Pear in Coffee archival ink for a softer look. I added a touch of sparkle with some gorgeous bling from Want2Scrap designed by Nina Brackett, this one's called Beautiful Bling Borders - Fancy Waves. I just snipped a little bit to add to my card, still have loads left! It's SO pretty!


The background I embossed with an embossing folder from Bringing Crafts Too You, I just rubbed the card surface with a white ink pad after embossing to highlight the detail.


The Light Blue Satin ribbon and Yellow Stitched Grosgrain are both from the Craft Fairy. If you haven't checked them out already they have some fantastic deals on ribbon!


This paper flower is a fun variation of the rolled spiral flower! A little shabbier and with a fringed centre. I used a 220gsm weight lemon card but you could use lighter. This made a really sturdy flower. I rubbed the edges with a white ink pad to get the tonal variation and the fringed section was rubbed with a yellow ink pad before rolling. The good news... I'll have a step-by-step photo tutorial on how to make these flowers here on my blog tomorrow!


Don't forget to drop by the Card Patterns blog to see what my lovely team mates have come up with! I'm sure you'll be inspired. I hope you're having a lovely Easter! : )

10 comments

  1. this is stunning Clare. beautiful from every angle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another glamerous card from you! :) Love everything about it, from tip to toe :) Absolutely lovely! :)

    Happy Easter sweetie :) <3
    hugs,
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohhhh! That rose is just magnificent!! Your card has such a romantic feel with so many great details like the bling ribbons and doiley! Just perfect. Looking forward to the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow... this is beautiful... and that's one killer flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, this card is stunning. The soft colors, ribbons and doily are lovely. And then your hand crafted flower...I love it! I can't wait to see the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just gorgeous! I love your handmade flower and appreciate your providing us with the tutorial/pattern to duplicate it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your beautiful cards, but I wonder how you get them to fit into envelopes without crushing the flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can you attached the flowers in card? is it for long time?
    Clear Business Cards
    Scratch Cards
    Printed Gift Cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. I attach the flowers using really strong craft glue. I have some cards on my noticeboard for a number of months, the flowers are well stuck on!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.