CARD PATTERNS - Sketch 161

Saturday, April 14, 2012


It's time for a new sketch at Card Patterns. This week's sponsor is Clear & Simple Stamps. Each member of the Design Team was sent some stamps to create with, I used Cart Pals: Occasions and Cart Parts on my card. Here's this week's sketch.


I flipped the sketch upside down for my card so the sentiment is at the bottom, it just worked better with my stamped flowers!


So, to make my stamped flowers (I was going for poppies!) I used the top half of the umbrella stamp from the Cart Parts stamp set and did a bit of masking. The stamens are actually the handles from the carts. The stems are another of the cart elements and the leaves are the oval labels from the same set.


The sentiment is from the Cart Pals: Occasions set. There are loads of little elements in this fab set! You'd get a lot of use out of it!


One half of the background is embossed using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The Light Blue Satin ribbon is from the Craft Fairy. Don't forget to drop by the Card Patterns blog to see what the rest of the DT came up with and play along if you have time this week. There's a gift certificate from Clear and Simple Stamps up for grabs and a chance to be our guest designer!

I hope you're having a great weekend! I'll be back tomorrow for the Nina B Designs blog hop!! Don't miss it, the first one was a huge success! There'll be some prizes on offer too! : )

6 comments

  1. Your card is so pretty! I love the blooms and your choice of color palette ~ Just lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Clare! Love the colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you used the stamps so differently then they were attended- fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Clare, I just 'found' your blog and just wanted to say I love all your cards and i will be checking in to see more of your wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.