CARD PATTERNS - Sketch 163

Saturday, April 28, 2012


I hope you're having a fabulous weekend! Just popping in with my Card Patterns card. Here's this week's sketch! I flipped it on it's side for my card.


I interpreted the banner in the sketch using a little piece of lace, there was a lot going on with all the flowers already!


I made the big flower using the shabby spiral flower technique (tutorial here) but I left out the fringing, it made a nice big rose. Yes, I will get around to the leaf tutorial soon! I'm just very busy at the moment! It's on my list!


The sentiment is from a retired stamp set from Layers of Color by Nina B Designs. The pretty White Guipure lace is from the Craft Fairy. The Spring Green Chiffon/Organza ribbon is also from the Craft Fairy.


The two smaller flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts. The Blossom Baker's Twine is from The Twinery.


The green paper is from Random by Crate Paper and I embossed it using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Don't forget to visit the Card Patterns blog to see the rest of the creations from the design team.

I'm hoping to spend a little time in the garden tomorrow, it's supposed to be dry. It's been so wet recently I want to make the most of it! Isabelle will help me sow some more flower seeds. Here's hoping it's not too chilly! I want to move some of my seedlings out into the cold frame (they're currently in Isabelle's playhouse, which she want's back!). So we'll have to do a bit of spring cleaning in there and evict any lurking spiders!

7 comments

  1. Beautiful card! The flower is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love roses, real or paper, so I adore your card, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful and elegant card, Clare. The lace is just the perfect complement with the roses. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the flowers and sentiment!!! Wonderful colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just flawless! I heart your handmade flowers so. Looking forward to an insight into your leaves when time permits. I so can relate being busy. Just not enough hours in the day. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Clare. The colours are beautiful and of course, the rose is just fantastic. We made these at my craft club yesterday and it was great to see the faces when they let the rolled up strips go and saw the roses take shape! Looking forward to seeing your leaves tutorial when you get the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! These flowers are gorgeous! Amazing! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.