CASE Study #86 - Cameo

Thursday, April 12, 2012


We had a lovely Easter with family. Egg hunts had to take place indoors because of the wet weather but we still had lots of fun! Isabelle's not back to school until next week so it's been interesting trying to keep her entertained!
It's our second week with Laurie Schmidlin as our muse at CASE Study, Laurie has another stunning card to inspire us with this week! Isn't it gorgeous!


I really loved the black contrasting tones, vintage/shabby feel and touches of pink in Laurie's card so I CASEd these elements.


I layered some elements to create the cameo focal point, the die cut is from Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two, I stamped one of the ovals from Ovals - Classic Frames by Waltzingmouse Stamps and I added one of my Hand Painted Large Cameos from my Etsy shop. The pretty Chiffon ribbon I layered over some Satin ribbon both from the Craft Fairy.


The sentiment is from one of my favorite sentiment sets Fancy Phrases by Waltzingmouse Stamps. Edges are inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The patterned papers I used are from the Almanac Collection by Prima. (I really love this collection!)


The little pearl I added is from a vintage earring. Don't forget to pop by the CASE Study blog to see the amazing creations from the DT.

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

6 comments

  1. Clare, it is my first time I leave you a comment, and I am the first one tonight to leave a comment, well, it is great. I love your card, it is just perfect, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it so GORGEOUS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful, Clare! The cameo is so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just so pretty and elegant Clare, love that cameo, and the gorgeous papers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card. That cameo is a fabulous focal point.

    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.