CASE Study #87 - Happy Birthday

Thursday, April 19, 2012


It's our third week with Laurie Schmidlin as our muse at CASE Study. I can hardly believe we're nearly into May already! Time just seems to fly! Here's Laurie's inspiration card this week.


Laurie's fab card is quite bold and graphic. I love the wood grain patterned paper Laurie used, the rounded corners, staple details and simple sentiment. I chose to CASE these elements in my card.


The wood grain patterned paper I used is from Miss Caroline Dolled Up from My Mind's Eye. I used one of the lovely sentiment stickers from Fancy Sticker Sentiment - Birthday by SRM Stickers.


The sweet floral patterned paper is from Miss Caroline Howdy Doody by My Mind's Eye. The lovely white Guipure lace and sweet Cream and Yellow flower are both from the Craft Fairy. The blue flower is from Wild Orchid Crafts. I also added some Buttercream Baker's Twine from The Twinery.


I also added a little staple detail. They usually work better in groups of two or three, they're a fun detail to play with.


Don't forget to visit the CASE Study blog to see the wonderful creations from the Design Team. We're looking forward to the weekend, Isabelle's taking part in her first ballet show! (Three shows over the weekend, I think she'll be pretty tired!) She's so excited!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

6 comments

  1. Just goreous! I just lov, love, love that wee staple detail. It's like an amuse-buoche for papercrafters. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely, lovely, lovely gifts, it is sweet and elegant, and they are great idea of giving a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is fabulous Clare ... I really love the colours against that beautiful wood paper ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so special, Clare - that pop of the teal rose is so endearing. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely, Clare! This is such a great color combo, and I love the lace trim and gorgeous flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors and combo of papers!! Wonderful card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.