SRM Stickers and The Twinery feature

Thursday, April 26, 2012


SRM Stickers and The Twinery have teamed up for a fun 2 day feature! I had so much fun creating with all the fabulous Baker's Twine The Twinery sent me (they were very generous!). SO I made a cheery hot air balloon card!


I used a sentiment from Sticker Sentiments - Life is Good from SRM Stickers. I was delighted to find the  sweet scalloped border sticker from We've Got Your Border - Thank You was a perfect color match for the Lemondrop Baker's Twine from The Twinery.


For the hot air balloon I drew a simple balloon shape with stripes, glued each section at a time and added the twine (starting from the outside). I used some really bright and cheery colors of Baker's Twine, Lemondrop, Pink Sorbet and Caribbean. To attach the balloon to the basket I used some Cappuccino Baker's Twine from The Twinery. To the top of the little basket I added some more of the scalloped border sticker We've Got Your Border - Thank You from SRM Stickers.


The background cloud paper (Silver Lining Vellum) is from the Neapolitan Collection by Dear Lizzy from American Crafts. I was just finished this card and I felt it was missing something, so I added the little swirls with a black liner pen just to add some movement to the card!

Pop over to the SRM Stickers blog to see what the rest of the SRM Stickers DT created using SRM Stickers and Baker's Twine from The Twinery. There's some great prizes up for grabs, GO check it out!
Oh and don't forget to visit The Twinery's Blog to see what their DT has done with SRM! Have fun! : )

14 comments

  1. LOVE what you did with the twine! Thanks for playing along with the Twinery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! would never have thought to do this. It is absoutly wonderful.
    Cathy R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a genius alternative use for twine! the whole card is just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Clare this is gorgeous! {sigh}
    Love how you featured the twinery using such gorgeous lush colors. Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare so many great details here - love the balloon and how the sentiment is puffed out like it is floating in the breeze!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is such a great idea. Love the balloon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Card love the Balloon its Great Idea for the Twine on it. thanks for sharing
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. SUPER so sweet what a great idea with the twine..LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, love this, what a super idea, and so well done!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so clever and what a beautiful card it makes TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, that is hands down the most clever way to use twine and my brain is going into over drive thinking of options! I love twine and totally loving this card

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow this is one awesome card. I love it. TFS .

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your hot air balloon. It reminds me of the Mexican Huichol natives' folk art.. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.