Waltzingmouse Stamps April Blog Party!!

Tuesday, April 17, 2012


It's April 17th, that means it's time for another Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party!! This month's theme is New Beginnings. I went with new beginnings in the garden, so I made a Spring garden card! I think I'm longing to be out in the garden, it's so wet and windy here, more like October than April! So it's not that much fun being outside. Ok, here's my flower garden card!


I used the flowers from Pic-Nic Patterns and Nordic Spring from Waltzingmouse Stamps to make my flower garden. For the foliage I used VersaMagic Oasis Green and for the flowers I used Memento Tangelo, Memento Rose Bud and Impress Lemon Yellow.


I simply cut around the flowers and propped them up on some foam pads. The green Chiffon ribbon (under the flowers) and pink Saddle Stitch Grosgrain Ribbon are both from the Craft Fairy.


I stamped the plaid using Off Beat Backgrounds and VersaMagic Magnolia Bud and Persimmon ink.


The sentiment is from Spring Baskets, (I love that font combo, so sweet), stamped in Jet Black archival ink.


I hope you're enjoying the blog party and have a chance to make something! You have 24 hours to upload your creations to Claire's blog - Waltzingmouse Makes. Have fun! : )

21 comments

  1. This is so beautiful - such a perfect spring card - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful Spring garden Clare! Your flowers are fabulous and I love the gingham panel with the stitched ribbon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fresh and fun card Clare! Love your WM flower garden!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Clare, full of fresh bright speing colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, what a beautiful spring card!! Amazing, how you fussy cut around those pretty flowers. They look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like spring on your card, you will just have to look at that until the weather gets better by you. Such a bright happy card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that garden is SWEET, Clare! Love the dimension, and it's pretty cool that you got flowers to sprout from plaid :) Such beautiful color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card - your cutting around the flowers is amazingly intricate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in awe...such a bright and happy color combo. I love the way you paired up flowers and gingham :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute card, like how you added dimension and also your stitch details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so beautiful. It really screams spring day to me. I like how you added dimension--that looks like a lot of work, but the effect is tremendous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous springy card Clare - love the gorgeous vibrant colours and such a sweet idea to use both those stamp sets to create the flower border x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that combined different floral images. I'd never have thought to put them together but they go so well, especially in your arrangement.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your garden...
    it makes me happy! :)
    This is so fabulous...
    the colors...
    using both of those fabby sets...
    I would have never thought to pair them together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. what a beautiful garden you created in a plaid basket Clare! I love the layers and colors and that ribbon is so bright and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your flowers especially paired with plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card could not be any cheerier! I love the bright spring colors and all the great flowers representing a new garden. Great idea and very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You card is so bright and lovely! I love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great thinking! Love the garden idea. Your flowers are so bright and happy! Perfect spring inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the 3-d flowers and the fresh colours, Clare. That plaid is great - I need to go get the Magnolia Bud and Persimmon stamp pads, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I Adore how you combine these 2 flower sets! the extra dimensional layers add a nice interest. Fab fresh colors too! thanks for inspiring, Clare!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.