Card Patterns - Sketch 165

Saturday, May 12, 2012


It's time for a new sketch at Card Patterns. I decided to make a new home card, I don't have any in my card box, it's always handy to have one ready. Here's this week's sketch. (I flipped it on it's side)


I used the fabulously detailed A Cottage Home stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I don't usually enjoy coloring stamps but this one was a real pleasure. I used some regular watercolor pan paints to color it. I have some very small brushes!


To add some dimension I stamped the house three times, cut out different sections and layered with foam tape. Isn't that door gorgeous, I love those brackets!


The sentiment on the tag is from the same set, stamped in Coffee Archival ink. I also used some of the fab new Button Twine Claire has in the Waltzingmouse Stamps Store. It's such a wonderful texture!


The lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts and the patterned paper is from Echo Park This & That. Don't forget to check out the rest of the creations from the Card Patterns DT.

It's been a fun day, we somehow came home with a new pet rabbit! Well, we had promised Isabelle one for her birthday (still 4 weeks away!) and we have been looking in various pet shops the past few weeks. Well we found 'the one' today, an adorable little black and white mini lop. He is the friendliest little bunny we have seen and we all fell in love him. So rather than miss the opportunity, we pretty much got everything for our new little bunny. It's Isabelle's first pet and she's so excited. I'll post some pics of our new hoppy friend soon and yes I do have a rather a large soft spot for bunnies! : )

4 comments

  1. Lovely card! Congratulations on the new addition to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally lovely! The dimension adds so much. Could even do for a holiday card with the right colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally lovely! The dimension adds so much! This could be used for a holiday card too, with the right colours.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.