Some cheery cards!

Tuesday, May 29, 2012


Long time no posting! Eeek! I've been SO busy with commissions, I had some clashing deadlines, some other stuff going on and apparently I'm not super woman. I'm still playing catch up at the moment! Hopefully I'll get to bed before 2am tonight! Ok, so I have a few cards to share to make up for my lack of posts! I made these for the open audition round of Paper Crafts Gallery Idol 2012 (season 6), the theme is 'encouragement'. You should see the gallery of entries, WOW, there's lots of inspiration there!


I made one of my shabby rolled spiral flowers (I inked the centre with some green ink) and some paper leaves. The pretty patterned paper is from Basic Grey Konnichiwa Collection.


The sentiment stickers are from Express Yourself - Graduation by SRM Stickers, lace is from Wild Orchid Crafts. I went for a vibrant color palette for this card because I wanted it to be uplifting.


The second card I made I tried out some cool new dies I just received, it's a frame die by Sizzix,  Framelits Oval w/Ornate Edges. I love ornate frames and this one is a decent size! (5"x4") the background I embossed with a scrollwork embossing folder.


For the sentiment I used the 'Keep Calm and Carry on' font and just typed it up. The crown is part of the font set. I added a few pink gems to tie in the color combo.


Again I went with a pretty vibrant color palette but I kept it fresh with the white. I love the zing of lime in there.


The bright Pink Satin Ribbon is from Craft Fairy. (It's more of a hot pink but the photos turned out a little more yellow tinged for some reason!)


I wanted this to be a tone on tone card but to highlight the detail in the frame I propped it up on some self adhesive foam pads.


The royal blue ribbon in my stash was calling to me so I picked it out for this card. I teamed it with some fabulous large houndstooth, stamped using Heirloom Patterns from Waltzingmouse Stamps in Danube Blue (Memento).


I loved the pureness of the blue so I went with a primary color palette. It really jumps out at you when you use primary colors. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


The sticker sentiment is from Express Yourself - Graduation by SRM Stickers. For a change I added some red stitching, I usually can't be bothered changing the color in the sewing machine but I'm glad I did for this card.


Ok, I'll be back on Thursday with my CASE Study card! Oh and there'll be some special celebrations at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge this weekend because it'll be the 100th sketch! You won't want to miss it! : )

6 comments

  1. Flawless the glorious lot! The Danube Blue houndstooth is unreal! My "CB" voting finger is limbering up. Good luck!

    I so hear ya about not being Super Woman, but I am pretty darn certain you are fabulously near enough. Just look at what you've achieved thus far. Hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you ARE superwoman! Three fantastic cards! I love the amazing flower you created on the first, the witty sentiment and fancy frame on the second.... and wow - That GORGEOUS blue houndstooth and matching ribbon! FANTASTIC! How is Cheeky doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the flowers..They're gorgeous..

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all so amazing! Love all the bright & bold colors- very encouraging for sure! Good luck with idol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bright and zingy cards Clare - my favourite is the first one with your fab rolled flower but I have to say I do like the frame on the second one too. Have to check that die out - it looks really good. Thanks for sharing your tips. Margie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cards Clare. Love them all, so cheery and colourful.
    Luv, Babs xo

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.