Waltzingmouse Stamps May Release Preview - Day 3

Monday, May 7, 2012


Hi and welcome to day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps May release previews. Three new sets are being released on Tuesday the 8th of May (that's tomorrow!). Today we are previewing the second of the sentiment sets - Compact Sentiments Part 2. I also used stamps from the previously released sets Very Vintage Labels No.18, Heirloom Patterns and Gingham & Co. I made a little trio of pretty notecards featuring some of the sentiments from the new stamp set being released.


I kept the layout and elements the same on each notecard, just switched up the colors, labels and patterns. I clear embossed the gingham pattern from Gingham & Co in the background, the label is from Very Vintage Labels No.18, stamped in Coffee archival ink.


I just love the font in Compact Sentiments Part 2 it's bold but still pretty! So I'll get a lot of use out of it!


The background I stamped and clear embossed with polka dots using the Gingham & Co stamp set. The bottom section of each notecard I embossed using the Swiss Dots embossing folder. The pretty flowers and lace are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


On the last notecard I used the diamond border stamp from Heirloom Patterns. To highlight some of the detail on the clear embossed sections I rubbed them with a white ink pad, then dry brushed the edges of the card with white acrylic paint for a soft shabby look.


I used some pretty pastel shades of Baker's twine from The Twinery on each notecard. I used Orchid, Buttercream and Shore. I love the soft pastel shades they have!


Here are the ladies sharing previews today. Don't miss the Waltzingmouse Stamps May release blog hop taking place tomorrow. Thanks for dropping by and I really appreciate all the lovely comments.


Anya Schrier
Beeca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Claire Brennan - Owner
Tosha Leyendekker

17 comments

  1. These are all gorgeous Clare, I love all the different colours you used, and the lovely flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trio of cards. Beautiful work. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet and colourful cards! very pretty! Kx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful design on these Clare! love how you used the labels to frame your sentiments and your lovely cluster of flowers on each with the ribbon and lace!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful Clare! Great mix of labels and sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooo wow, what a cute collection of cards Clare. Just lovely x ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clare, What a great set of cards! I love the embossing, and stamped background with the soft white. The flowers and lace really bring it all together with such a romantic feel!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous trio of cards, Claire!!
    Love the colors...
    the gorgeous blooms...
    and those sentiments...
    they're perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are a beautiful group of springtime cards...oh my those flowers...AMAZING! Love the variety of ways you have shown-off these sentiments! Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what cute cards! they go so well together and would be a great gift set or separate. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card set Clare!! I love the colors, the flowers, and how you changed things up but kept the sketch the same: what a great idea to share and inspire us with!! Hope you are doing well!! Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Impeccably gorgeous Clare! These are dreamily beautiful - all of them. Thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cards Clare, love them all!
    Babs xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super set of cards - love the texture, lace and soft colours! Super work!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are a beautiful set of cards with lovey sentiments and flowers just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a soft and pretty set of cards! I love how you used a different label image for each. Big fan of the embossed strip on the bottom, too. A beautiful set!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.