CASE Study #94 - Thank You

Thursday, June 7, 2012


I'm busy preparing for Isabelle's 5th birthday at the weekend! My biggest task is baking the cake, it has to be gluten and dairy free and still taste good!! I have a good wheat and gluten free flour (by Doves Farm) that I use to make fairy cakes (cupcakes) and they turn out really good so I'm hoping it'll work just as well for a larger cake! Fingers crossed!

Ok, on to my CASE Study card! We have a brand new muse, Joy Taylor! Her cards are just fabulous! Here's Joy's inspiration card this week.


I CASEd the rosette as focal point, the thank you theme, inked edges and the use of woodgrain pattern on white.


I used the Sizzix larger rosette die to make the rosette and some gorgeous paper from Bloomscape by K&Co. The edges are inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The sentiment is from Fancy Sticker Sentiment - Thanks by SRM Stickers.


I used a woodgrain embossing folder on the background and some staples. The pretty White Lace and Green Satin Ribbon are from Craft Fairy.


That pretty red floral patterned paper is from a little set of mini notes by Cath Kidston, they're little blank notes with cute envelopes. SO I paper pieced two for the top section of my card.


Just in case anybody out there lives in a place like me (a place with very few craft shops!), I tend to improvise a lot as I haven't had a chance to browse a decent craft shop and see all the amazing things on offer in real life! I just thought I'd share the simple way I round corners (I don't own a corner rounder!).


Excuse my well used craft table! All I use to round my corners is a little button! I line it up to the corner and leave a gap about the size of the tip of a pencil and draw around the button on the side of the corner.


Cut along the pencil line with a scissors and repeat for the second corner. Rub out any remaining traces of pencil lines.


There you have it, nicely rounded corners! You probably all have corner rounders and are laughing at my button but hey it does the job! : )


Just in case you're wondering what size button I use, I thought I'd measure it for you. I use this button for all my corners! It's just under an inch in diameter.

This week we have a sponsor at CASE Study, it's the wonderful Uniko Studio (a great UK stamp company). If you get a chance this week play along with us at CASE Study, we'd love to see your creations. Have a great day and wish me luck with my baking!!! : )

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

6 comments

  1. Gorgeous ...LOVE your button corner rounder such a smart and cute idea!
    Love the cards from the other post too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOOOOO amazing!!! LOVE the woodgrain embossing folder, and the colors are fabulous against the white! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to your little girl! Let me know if you have any good tips for gluten-free baking--we gave up grains about 6 months ago and I know birthdays will be a challenge. :)
    Every bit of your card is just beautiful, Clare! Such a pretty rosette and perfect color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the medallion and all the very different elements you've tied together and your corner rounder works simply and perfectly. Lovely card

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the reds/blues and medallion with the bow! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.