June 2012 Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party

Monday, June 18, 2012


Phew, I just about got my card made on time for the June Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party! Here's the fabulous inspiration photo that we were to use to inspire us to create. I love the color combo, especially with the pop of orange!


I really, really love Anya's houndstooth stamp from Heirloom Patterns by Waltzingmouse Stamps, I used Memento Tangelo ink to stamp it. It's so big and bold! The sentiment is from another of my favorite sets, Compact Sentiments Part 2.


The bright flowers and white lace are both from Wild Orchid Crafts. I wanted to keep my card clean and graphic but I couldn't resist the little bit of lace and flowers! : )


I'm off to check out the fabulous creations in this month's hop, I love to see the different takes on a color palette too. I think orange was the dominant favorite for me! 


It's still raining here! A lot!! It's supposed to be a little drier tomorrow, so I might get out to the garden then, we have one corner of the garden that has a bindweed issue, thankfully it hasn't spread to the rest of the garden but it's so hard to get rid of! 

15 comments

  1. I love your floral embellishment~simply lovely Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooh.....I just LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! The houndstooth paired with the frilly flowers and lace - LOVE IT! I too, loved the orange, but wound up concentrating on blue - shame on me, lol. Thanks for sharing this beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous as always! :)
    Love that bold houndstooth...
    and the to die for lace and ribbon...
    not to mention the gorgeous blooms! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The houndstooth in orange is stunning, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Clare! I know its so hard not to keep adding. I think your flower addition is stunning and so is the houndstooth! Its still a very CAS now elegant card. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design Clare. Your rounded corner later with the stitching is lovely...such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the herringbone and fabulous flowers! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Claire--I love the bold houndstooth and it looks so fabulous in orange!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Must get that houndstooth stamp just love the whole look of your card,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Clare, Sorry I'm late for the party! Your card is beautiful (as always lady!). I love the romantic feel of the lace and flowers. The houndstooth really pulls it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So pretty, Clare, in a kind of bold way! :-) I don't think I have used that houndstooth stamp yet, but I am inspired to do so now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That giant houndstooth looks wonderful in the orange Clare - love your pretty floral bouquet with the ribbon as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A bold and beautiful card - the houndstooth pattern looks just fabulous. And I love the pretty flowers! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.