Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - 100th Sketch

Saturday, June 2, 2012


I hope you're having a great weekend! I'm here with a card to celebrate the Waltzingmouse Stamps Sketch Challenge 100th Sketch!! They have some fun stuff going on at the blog, including some stamp sets up for grabs AND an opportunity to be a month long guest designer! (The designer will be able to avail of a special discount in the WMS store!) Ok, here's the sketch! I flipped it on it's side for my card.


I don't usually go for lavender in my cards but I thought I'd give it a go and since it goes pretty well with yellow (and I'm loving yellow right now!) I teamed them together. I went pretty bold with the stamping in black.


The sentiment is from Compact Family by Waltzingmouse Stamps stamped in Jet Black. I cut a rim around the lettering and propped it up with some foam pads.


I really love this art nouveau background stamp from Paris Nouveau by Waltzingmouse Stamps, the details are just fabulous. Again stamped in black for dramatic effect!


The stamped leaves are from the Roses in Bloom stamp set by Waltzingmouse Stamps, this time stamped in Coffee ink for a softer look. The edges are inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The Yellow Saddle Stitched Ribbon is from Craft Fairy. Flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


So don't forget to play along this week, it'll be worth your while. Check out the rest of the MM's and WMS DT's creations this week at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge blog.

Cheeky's (the bunny!) doing well, he's getting very relaxed with us, he goes completely asleep with his eyes shut everyday! (stop laughing!) I'm surprised by that because out of all the bunnies I had when I was younger I'd only ever seen one of them completely asleep with his eyes shut for about 5 minutes! Cheeky is a very relaxed little bunny! I'll try snap a few pics over the weekend! Have a good weekend, it's a long weekend here! Yay! : )

6 comments

  1. Love the black patter with lavender and a pop of yellow with the flower! Leaves/ribbon is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!!
    And I love the colors...
    purple and yellow are perfect together! :)
    That stamped background is simply stunning...
    and the blooms, ribbon and leaves are absolutely perfect! :)
    And my kiddies want a bunny...
    hubby's allergic!
    Severely! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Clare! Your card is SO pretty!! I just love the Awesome art nouveau piece and the beautiful floral arrangement on the side. A wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card! Don't know that I would have ever thought to put yellow and purple together , but now I know I would because ,it is gorgeous! Love the flowers and bow with the large leaves. Beautiful stamped background too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty ... such a clever color palette!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.