Waltzingmouse Stamps July Release Preview - Day 1

Thursday, June 28, 2012


Hello and welcome to Day 1 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps July release previews. Four fabulous sets are being released on Sunday 1st of July. Today we are previewing Fairy Princess (a fun girly set!), it's a little add on set to Half Pint Heroines. So here I made a fun castle shaped card. (I had this made before Claire made up a castle shaped template to share, mine's pretty simple but it works just as well.)


SO, behind the little castle door... you'll find the princess. I used the body from Fairy Princess but used one of the heads from Half Pint Heroines only because I wanted my princess to have long hair! I still managed to pop the crown on her head from the Fairy Princess set with a little masking.


I colored my princess using acrylic paints (yea, I have a lot of teeny tiny brushes!). I love that you can mix and match the heads from these sets.


Here's how the whole card opens out. There's a funny little surprise on the back of the door too, a cute little frog also from the Fairy Princess set.


He's so cute. I love his little crown, there's also a frog without a crown in the set too.


I drew the little speech bubble by hand and outlined with black pen.


For the outside of the card I used some Bitty Banners and the sentiment is from Half Pint Heroes, it's the same font, I love how all the elements can all work together. I also added some faux brick effect with acrylic paint and some detail to the door. All the edges are inked with white ink. I also made a little birthday party invitation with the fairy stamp from the Fairy Princess set.


It's pretty CAS, I used both the head and fairy body from the Fairy Princess set but added the starry swish from Teeny Trees


Again, she's colored with acrylic paints, I did add some touches of glitter to her wings and the sparkly swish is embossed in silver.


The sentiment is half from Half Pint Heroes and half from Half Pint Heroines


Inside I added the little froggy from the Fairy Princess set in a motif from Candy Jar Christmas.


The details are a blank invitation sticker from SRM Stickers that I cropped. 


I love this little stamp set (and it is little, it's the new bite sized version!) perfect for making cards for any little girl in your life. Ok, here are the ladies that are sharing previews today. We'll be previewing another new set tomorrow. (It's much more masculine!)




Anya Schrier

Belinda Chang Langner

Bonnie Sharp

Clare Buswell

Julia Aston

Jennifer Holmes

Kelly Schirmer

Laurie Schmidlin

Lynn Mercurio

Mona Pendleton

Sandie Dunne

Tosha Leyendekker

Claire Brennan (Owner)

23 comments

  1. Wow!! These are all gorgeous!! Love the castle! These new stamps are a must have!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Clare...what an outstanding job you have done using this Fairy Princess. Your castle is amazing and I'm smitten with your delightful invitations. Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous!! I love all the little details and that castle is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...doesn't get cuter then this!! well done..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely magical!! I love the castle card with the door opening to reveal the very pretty princess! I think the invitation card with the frog on the inside is fab! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what wonderful details on both projects Clare! love the door, bricks and banners on your pretty pink caatle - you were so creative using the tree stars for the sparkles coming off the Fairy's wand - and the frog is SO cute above the details inside of the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are beautiful! I can't wait for the release on Sunday!

    Lynn Wild

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Clare! What an AMAZING Castle card!! I LOVE your idea and it's such a fun interactive card for a little princess. The invitation card is SO sweet too. A Great job!! {hugs}

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, if I wasn't so darn old I would want to have another baby girl just so Ii could throw a princess party! What creative projects you made today...so much thought and work went into it! I LOVE the little stars from Teeny Trees used with the magic wand! Just beautiful and creative Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness these are so adorable. Love the castle and the CAS second card. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the castle card that you created, Clare - your coloring and attention to detail really shines through! I also think your fairy card is just fantastic with the little spray of stars from Teeny Trees! Brilliant, I tell you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the interactive card and your perfectly painted princess and fairy. This is a perfect gift in itself - it reminds me of playing with paper dolls as a girl and would keep me busy for hours on end! I love how you took accents from the other sets and took this to a whole new level.... the magic coming from the wand, the regal swirls surrounding your frog ... love this Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a wonderful collection of projects Clare! Love the castle shaped card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the castle with princess and frog behind the door!! Fairy perry card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How cute is that castle with the opening door and frog on the inside!! LOVE it!! Love the distressed brick too. Then there's that sweet invite card!! Clever to add the stars!! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These cards are just adorable and so cute.
    Hugs Rizwana

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fantastic cards Clare!! I love all the little details, and the combining of sets (even the star "swirl" from the trees set: brilliant!!) And the card with the door and even the froggy behind the door: you are one clever and creative lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Clare...both of these cards are incredible!
    I love your castle...
    love how you painted those stones and then the door!
    And the invite...
    love how you used Teeny Trees for that wonderful fairy dust!!
    I wonder...
    is a little girl excited about these?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. GENIUS! FAiry dust from Teeny trees, you ROCK! lol, Hugs to you, terrific samples Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fantastic!!! Love the castle, soooo pretty! The invitations are brilliant. You rocked this set :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok, to use Teeny Trees to create the starry swish is absolutely brilliant!! Wow! Both cards are beyond fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.