CardMaker Cover - September 2012

Friday, July 20, 2012


I still can't believe it, it seems so surreal to see my card on the cover! It's my first time being published in CardMaker Magazine (US), I'm delighted to have two cards in this September issue and over the moon to have one of my cards on the cover!! The digital version is available to view online to subscribers, I can't wait to have the printed copy in my hands!! The fabulous sentiment is from Say it Loud from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I had lots of fun with the quilling on this, the shapes are all pretty simple to make, it's when you put them together you have some fun autumn leaves to play with. I glued the elements together before adhering them to my card, it's much easier to move the leaves around as a solid element rather than moving all the little pieces! It's easier to get the layout to work that way. I better make more time for quilling! : )

11 comments

  1. That's really beautiful Clare - congrats on being a cover girl! I used to quill loads as a teenager but haven't done it for years - must dig out my papers and get twirling ;-)
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful piece of art! Congratulations Clare! I'm not surprised to see your card on the cover though...you're so talented!!! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS!!!! You made such a beautiful card, I am a bit partial to quilling and all so I'm glad they selected your quilled card!!! Love to see your work!!
    Hugs, antonella :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Clare! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats girl, what a fantastic card!! I never tried quilling, you made it look delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Many congrats Clare ... This is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic card Clare! Very well deserved to make the front cover - I am always in awe of anybody who can do quilling - its a complete mystery to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this fall card and just picked up the magazine today in the grocery store! Congratulations on your cover girl status!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really beautiful card - I love the quilled flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.