Cardmaking & Papercraft Mag (UK) Issue 106

Tuesday, July 3, 2012


Hi! Just sharing a card I made for Cardmaking & Papercraft (UK) Issue 106. I was asked to do The Cardmaker's Guide to Glass Painting feature! A challenge, but I'm always up for a challenge!


I created and traced a simple floral design onto acetate using an outliner, left to dry. I used solvent based glass paints (you can mix the colors too!) to fill in the design. I also discovered by adding white glass paint to each color you get a much brighter finish, which is better for cards as you don't get as much light shining behind your creation compared to a traditional suncatcher you'd have on a window.


The sentiment sticker is from SRM Stickers. To mount the acetate panel on my card I simply cut a circle aperture in the middle of my card.


It's a really fun technique but I did find you need a fairly simple design to work with, controlling the outliner is just like icing with a piping bag, tricky! You could use a readymade peel-off as an alternative though.


Here's my card in the layout, complete with steps on how to make the card shown. I also made four more glass painting projects for this feature but you'll have to pick up a copy of the magazine to see those!


Here's the issue it's in, Issue 106 of Cardmaking and Papercraft and my card made it on the cover! Top left hand corner! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.