CASE Study #99 - Thanks Berry much!

Thursday, July 12, 2012


Long time, no post! Sorry for my absence but I've had the most annoying cold for the past two weeks, it's turned into a lingering cough, that's pretty annoying at night. I haven't had much energy which is driving me nuts (I've been longing to do some work in the garden) and I've just had to take it a bit easy. The weather looks promising (less rain!) for the weekend so I'm hoping I'll be better by then. Enough of the moaning and on to the card!

It's our second week with the lovely Kristii Lockart as our muse at CASE Study, here's her fabulous inspiration card this week. I love the vintage feel to this card!


I CASEd the ribbon treatment, label with sentiment, use of trim at the top of the card and zig zag stitching. I did start with squares in my design but it just wasn't working for me!


I used the sweet new stamp set Big Berries - Strawberry from Waltzingmouse Stamps, it's a cute little 3x4 inch set! The berry part I stamped using Memento Cherry Red and the stalk is stamped with Memento Pistachio. Patterned paper is from Pretty Party by Crate Paper.


The sentiment is from the same set, I'm loving the retro font on this, very cute! Stamped using Jet Black.


The green floral paper is from Miss Caroline (Howdy Doody) by My Mind's Eye. I also added a zig zag stitch sticker from We've Got Your Border - Birthday by SRM Stickers.

Now check out the wonderful creations from the CASE Study design team! Have a great day!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

6 comments

  1. WONDERFUL card! Love your design and choice of papers and colors! Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this strawberry looks so yummy, Clare!
    Love the patterned papers you've chosen and the sentiment is so perfect.

    hugs
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and feminine, Clare! Love the rustic twine and those beautiful papers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh... This is fabulous! The berry paper is perfect and the berry with sentiment is perfect! Love the bow and stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!!
    That big, gorgeous berry...
    so yummy looking!!
    The papers...
    the colors...
    it's all so perfect!
    Hope you're soon feeling better and lose the cough...
    they're so irritating aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your juicy take on this week's challenge, Clare!
    Sorry to hear about your cold :( We've got a sore throat bug going around here - here's hoping I last just the last week of school!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.