All White and Romantic!

Friday, August 3, 2012


I found time to make at least one card for the Dare to Get Dirty 2012 challenges over at Splitcoaststampers, so many wonderful challenges and inspiration, so little time! I find it quite the challenge to make an all white card but it is a fun opportunity to play with textures and layers.


I wanted to keep my card as white as possible so I used a light grey sticker sentiment adhered to acetate from We've Got Your Sticker - Forever from SRM Stickers. I did try the white sticker version first but it was invisible on all the white!! The embossed texture is a piece of vellum embossed with a Sizzix textured embossing folder.


I wanted a really big romantic statement flower on this card, I didn't have one big enough but I did have this gorgeous wide White Scalloped Lace from Craft Fairy. So I stitched along the straight side of the lace on the machine, gathered it up and used some fabric glue to stick it to a circle of card. The centre is a vintage pearl earring.


The Pearl and Crystal Bead Trinket Pins are from my Etsy shop. You can just see them peeking out next to the seam binding.


Don't forget to pop over to Splitcoaststampers to see all the fun challenges going on. (Note - You do have to be part of the fan club to view all the challenges.) Have a great weekend! : )

3 comments

  1. This is so gorgeous, Clare! Love that flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Clare - that flower is just beautiful and your trinket pins look fab.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, very elegant.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.