CASE Study - CASE a design team member

Thursday, August 16, 2012


This week at CASE Study we're CASEing a design team member. I picked one of Teneale's fabulous cards to CASE. Here's the card I chose. My card kinda evolved as I was making it! (I couldn't resist a splash of color!)


I loved the neutral background, the contrast of the bold black ribbon and card, the use of a quotation and of course the flowers, so I CASEd all of these elements in my card.


The flower and leaves I stamped using Roses in Bloom from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I colored them using Distress Markers and blended the colors with a fantastix coloring tool and water. I really wanted lots of depth so I really highlighted the light and shadows.


The sentiment is from the same stamp set and I embossed the lower half of the white cardstock using a herringbone embossing folder.


The card base I made by recycling the back of an old sketch pad. I really like the neutral tone. The baker's twine is from The Twinery. Don't forget to check out the rest of the DT's creations. Oh and I think there's a really cool opportunity to become a Guest Designer at CASE Study!! Check out the CASE Study blog for all the details! : )

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams

10 comments

  1. What a stunner, Jean! The flower pops off the card, wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (ooops... sorry girl, I was thinking about Jean's card... haha! I meant Clare... *grins*)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, this is a beauty! The rose is so gorgeous and I love the colours you chose for this. Perfect image for the case study ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and a beautiful verse!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing coloring prowess! Looks so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely stunning! One of my favourite quotes and I love, love this rose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your flower is amazing, Clare! You certainly achieved a fantastic depth with the shading. Love the partial embossing and the crisp black frame, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! Do you realise how close I was to picking the same card to CASE? Seriously! It was between this one and the one I finally picked! LOL!
    LOVE your shading on that flower - gorgeous work!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. GORGEOUS card Clare...came here via Tim Holtz and his pin of this card to his cards board!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.