Great Friend - Background stamping

Monday, August 13, 2012


Just popping in with a card, I'm busy working on commissions! I had some fun with heat embossing and coloring with Distress Markers to create this pretty floral background paper on my card.


All the stamps including the sentiment are from Pattern Hearts & Flowers by Hero Arts. There are some great elements in the set but I just love these flowers.


First I stamped a repeat pattern using VersaMark and heat embossed in white. Then I colored the flower centers using the white Distress Marker (Picket Fence) to soften the colors. I used Worn Lipstick, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed and Peeled Paint Distress Markers.


Ok, I'll be back on Thursday with my CASE Study card. I've got a really long to-do list this week!! Better keep chipping away at it! Have a great week! : )

7 comments

  1. such pretty stamping...love your choice of colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow its pretty beautiful. I luv this.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lovely simple, gentle card. I don't think I mean 'simple' (after all the work you've put into it) perhaps unfussy. Anyone would be thrilled to receive it.

      Mary Mac

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful card, and a pretty bow too.
    Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a pretty card. Love the distress markers. very nice. Thanks for your visit and sweet luv. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background and love that ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clare this is sooooo pretty and the colour combo is just fab - lucky, lucky friend who gets this card I say.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.