Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge - #109

Saturday, August 4, 2012


Yes I do have a card for the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge!! And I'm starting Halloween a little early, I want to spend a little more time on the Halloween stuff this year before it creeps up on me and then it's Christmas, Christmas, Christmas...! Here's this week's sketch.


I love this sketch, you've lots of freedom with it! I wanted to show the versatility of the Candy Jar and Jar Fillers - Jam Packed sets. You can use them for so many different occasions, even Halloween!


I stamped the jar all on one layer (apart from the large label) using the tips on Claire's blog on how to create a mask for the fabric top. There's also a free cut file there for the jar and label, I cut mine by hand because I'm not that technologically advanced! The stars background on the scalloped circle I stamped using the stars from Midnight Feast (the stars are definitely one of my fav Halloween backgrounds!). The little bat is from the same set. I added a flourish from Flourishes - Scallops and Dots. All edges are inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The green sweets are from Candy Jar Christmas - Fillers.


The sentiment (which has the coolest Halloween font ever) is from Hocus Pocus. All the coloring I did using Distress Markers (thanks to a great price at Blitsy!) The greens I used are Peeled Paint and Shabby Shutters. I really like how the Antique Linen Distress Marker adds a bit more depth of color to the already inked edges of the label. The twine on the lid is colored with Spiced Marmalade and I used Black Soot to fill in any light patches in the fabric lid.


Oh yea, on the background I stamped the chevron pattern from Off Beat Backgrounds and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Don't forget to check out the rest of the creations from the Mischief Makers and some of the WMS DT at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Have a great weekend! It's starting to feel Autumnal here! I've seen leaves falling already!

14 comments

  1. This is so cool! Love your card Clare!
    Have a nice week-end, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card ...I love the jar and the black embossing ... just so very striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love it! Everything is just fab - from the clear chevrons, the jar of green gobstoppers, the sweet bat tag and the lovely lace trim. Brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this Clare! Love the lime green candies (bogey flavour?) and the little bat on the tiny tag, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome...
    love, love, love!!
    And I'm rearranging sets so that my Holidays are front and center for the next bit...
    I just love the Holiday season and want to enjoy each one for a bit before moving on to the next...
    so I'm really lovin' that you brought out Halloween!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your work Clare! Such a creative lady. I don't do Halloween but I can still love this card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!!! Everything is perfect....the jars, the contents, the colors, the stars.....can you tell I'm in love!!! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the 'bite' of embossing on black and the fun, sharp colors with the theme! Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THIS!!! Sooo much, Clare! So many wonderful sets incorporated to make this sweet and spooky masterpiece. The label is FAB with that sentiment and your coloring with the Distress Markers is wonderful. The green candy just makes everything pop! I never knew a card in black could be so pretty :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just the COOLEST card ever--love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clare this is a wonderful card! Just love how you combined all the sets to make it! And coloring the candy green for Halloween is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful card...love love love the vintagey halloween look. cherry

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.