Waltzingmouse Stamps August Release Preview - Day 2

Wednesday, August 22, 2012


Welcome to day 2 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps August release previews, today the WMS design team are previewing the stamp sets Camellia and Opera Tags. I love all of the new stamp sets being released but I really, really love the Camellia stamp set (it must be that thing I have for flowers!).


As usual Claire has packed in lots of variations into this gorgeous stamp set. I love this 'overhead' view of the Camellia, there are two different sizes. I used the smaller one on a little matching tag (the die cut tag is from the new WMS Spellbinders die set - Opera Tags, stamped with the co-ordinating stamp from the Opera Tags stamp set). To add some dimension I stamped it twice and layered it up on some foam pads. I spent a while coloring it with Distress Markers, it was a labour of love! There are two different sized pairs of leaves and a single leaf in the set.


The little mini tag is also one of the dies from the new WMS Spellbinders die set - Opera Tags, the sentiment is from the Opera Tags stamp set. All the edges were inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The gorgeous lace (which I aged with a bit of coffee) is from Craft Fairy. The diamond pattern I stamped is from the previously released Heirloom Patterns stamped using Victorian Velvet Distress Ink. The cream Button Twine is also from the Waltzingmouse Stamps store. Ok, on to my second card.


I used the same 'overhead' view Camellia stamp (stamped using Memento Tangelo) to create a background pattern. Just look at the detail in that flower! I love the versatility of this set!


The beautiful sentiment is from the same set. The die cut tag is from the new WMS Spellbinders die set - Opera Tags, this time left unstamped and I just inked the edges with Antique Linen Distress ink to bring out the fabulous details!


Ok, one more card then! This last one is a little more CAS and I used the 'side' view Camellia stamp, there are three of these in different sizes, there's also a separate stem and bud, so you can build your own blooms! Pretty cool! : )


I've seen a few cards using this technique of embossing in white and creating a tone on tone shading effect, I've been dying to try it out! I used Distress Markers to outline the flower and to create some shading in similar tones (I used Stormy Sky, Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire Distress Markers).


The sentiment is from the same Camellia stamp set but I masked the 'with' part, it just fitted in better with the space! Ok, I hope you're enjoying the previews, I just love the new stamp sets! Lets have a peek at what the rest of the ladies sharing previews today created. I'll be back tomorrow with some more previews of some more fabulous sets!


Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Bonnie Sharp
Belinda Chang Langner
Clare Buswell <-- That's me!
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

12 comments

  1. Claire I love every one of your samples - that tag is gorgeous! I don't have that die set but I may have to get that too - think I may have to remortgage for this release LOL! And that quote - nicest one I've seen in a long time! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all so beautiful Clare! Your use of those distress markers is fabulous....and I love the last card - so CAS and so elegant! (I fixed the link on my blog - thank YOU for bringing it to my ever wandering attention haha!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Clare! Your coloring and lace are just lovely on the first two - and then the blue one looks quite modern in contrast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire - these are simply knockout!! I think my favourite is the last one with the subtle tone on tone effect - stunning. And the other two are so beautiful too - great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clare, all three of your cards are gorgeous. I really love that first one, with the matching tag….. Stunning! Colored to perfection . Love the lace too .

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always...
    just amazingly gorgeous!!
    I love them all...
    they're all so perfect I couldn't pick a fave if I had to!
    And I agree...
    Claire's attention to detail...
    she's the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've been busy! I love the layered camellia and your use of the markers with the white embossing is genius. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all your cards! Every single one! I especially like that you showed the close ups of the new tag dies! The detail is truly amazing! Wow! And your coloring of the flowers is so wonderful -especially the 'white' edging on that first layered and popped up blossom! So, so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Total, utter yummers! Really beautiful cards Clare :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Clare, it's absolutely magical what you did with the same collection of supplies. Your coloring is magnificent! I actually keep having to go back to gawk again - stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Love the vintage look of the first card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Only catching up on posts now Clare! Love what you created.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.