Waltzingmouse Stamps August Release Preview - Day 3

Thursday, August 23, 2012



Welcome to day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps August release previews, today the WMS design team are previewing the stamp sets Little Lanterns, Bright Season and Light of the World Sentiments. I went for a more CAS look with my cards to really focus on these gorgeous stamps.


These little lanterns are so much fun to stamp, I love all the little elements, the separate candles, flames, glow and variety of lanterns. The stamps I used here are from Little Lanterns, the sentiments are all from Light of the World Sentiments, the large glow stamp behind the lantern is from Bright Season.


On each of the cards I also debossed some of the tags or sections of the tags from the new WMS Spellbinders Opera Tags dies. The sentiments in Light of the World Sentiments are all wonderful and would be a great addition to any stamp collection.


All of the lanterns I fussy cut and propped up with foam pads for a little dimension. The baker's twine is from The Twinery.


I think this is my favorite of the little lanterns, I just love the scrollwork! Again I used one of the tags from the new WMS Spellbinders Opera Tags dies to deboss the background.


You know I spent ages trying to decide what color to stamp the candles, I tried yellow and some other colors but I preferred the look of the black. It just worked better on these cards.


I think I'll have to make some cards for my mum with this sentiment on it, she's always lighting a candle for someone in need of hope and prayer. It'll be nice for her to have some cards to send to people too.

Here are the ladies from the WMS design team that are sharing previews today. We'll be back tomorrow with the WMS release day blog waltz! : )


Anya Schrier
Becca Feeken
Belinda Chang Langner
Bonnie Sharp
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Kelly Schirmer
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynn Mercurio
Mona Pendleton
Sandie Dunne
Tosha Leyendekker
Claire Brennan (Owner)

19 comments

  1. Clare I think I look forward to your samples most of all. I am a big FAN and you haven't disappointed. Loving the simplicity and sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, three beauties there!! Fab images & how cute is that embossing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards Clare. I love how you've embossed on each of them, great idea. Fantastic designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These little lanterns are just so sweet and I love the sentiments. Simply delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, Clare, you are a wonder! I absolutely adore the debossing on these...so creative and adds a perfect punch that my CAS cards tend to lack, giggle. I was laughing at your candle color comment because I was thinking the same thing! Such "waffling" over the teeniest images. Well I am here to tell you that you ALWAYS make perfect choices...this set of cards is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Clare! Love how you used these lanterns - I am going to CASE these ya know lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beasutiful clean crisp designs on these Clare - the partial embossings is a delightful touch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You outdid yourself - fantastic cards! Love the debossing and glow behind the lanterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...you are a genius. Why didn't I think of using my Opera Tag dies for embossing? (hits hand to head). These look amazing and I totally love your designs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see these stamps - love the concept of light and candles, etc, for Christmas and other times, too! Beautiful cards, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards! Love the debossing with the tag dies! So wonderfully creative!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty , pretty, pretty…. one for each card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your cards Clare!! I love that you kept them CAS, I love the debossing, and keeping the candle stamped in black was the right call. Beautiful job!! Hugs, Helen L

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh so pretty! Love the delicate embossing. Can't wait for the release.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your cards! What a great idea to use 2 sets of the "glow"; it makes the lanterns really shine! I also love how you embossed/debossed around the sentiment. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous lanterns and love the rays/glow image!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such lovely cards. Love the way the lanterns "glow". Such great sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The embossing on the tags is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.