Make Christmas Cards Magazine

Friday, September 14, 2012



Cardmaking and Papercraft Magazine / Immediate Media (UK) have published a fabulous special magazine called Make Christmas Cards, it comes with lots of free goodies, including stamps, fabulous Christmas papers, toppers, greetings and a really cool double sided embossing board. I was really excited to contribute to this inspiring issue and delighted to see some of my cards on the cover! I have 11 cards and 4 non-card items in this issue. Here's a few of them!


Here's the cover card, all the patterned papers, toppers and sentiment come free with the magazine. I added my own lace, twine and card base.


These homespun style patterned papers are my favorites from the magazine. I used the double sided embossing board that also comes with the issue to hand emboss the JOY text. I hadn't done much hand embossing before but I was surprised at how easy it was and the great effects you can achieve especially with vellum/tracing paper.


I also used the embossing board with some foil to make the star on this card. The gorgeous papers again are from the magazine. The sentiment is from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I really loved how everything co-ordinated so well, it made it very easy to design the cards. Here I layered one of the toppers and added a greeting on top.


Here's just one of the non-card items I made for this issue, a very easy to make gift bag. This is just a little glimpse into this jam-packed Christmas special issue. If you'd like to see more you can pick up a copy here. I'm sure you'll be inspired! : ) Thanks for dropping by! I'll be back tomorrow for the Nina B Designs blog hop.

6 comments

  1. How great - all the cards are wonderful and how super you had them all published. Impressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Clare, they are all beautiful cards, well done on the publications!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards, I love the lace and ribbon, they all coordinate and work so wonderfully :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, congratulations! That's fabulous, and these projects are each so special, no wonder they were chosen.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.