Waltzingmouse Stamps September Blog Party

Tuesday, September 18, 2012



I'm so glad to be joining in the Waltzingmouse Stamps September Blog party. The September theme is 'Fall'. Pumpkins came to mind for me so I decided to get a bit creative with my stamping and make some WMS pumpkins from various stamp sets!


For the main body of the pumpkins I used stamps from the 2011 Holiday Ornament from Waltzingmouse Stamps, I used Distress Markers (Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge) to color the stamps before stamping. Obviously I didn't color the whole stamp, I cropped it to make it look like a pumpkin (this was easy to do using the markers to color the stamp). The stems are the top piece of one of the 2011 Holiday Ornaments, stamped by coloring the stamp with Crushed Olive Distress Marker.


I fussy cut the pumpkins and rubbed the edges with Antique Linen Distress Ink. The leaves are from Big Blooms - Poinsettias from Waltzingmouse Stamps, again colored with the Crushed Olive Distress Marker before stamping.


The sentiment is from Cicely at Halloween from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I really love the fonts used in this sentiment, I'd love some more stamps in this combo!


I added a little Cream Button Twine bow to the top of the larger pumpkin, just to add a little bit of texture to this CAS card. I hope you're enjoying the Blog Party, I'm off to have a peek at all the fabulous creations. Below are the stamp sets from Waltzingmouse Stamps that I used to make my card.






17 comments

  1. This is so very clever, Clare. I am in awe of your ability to see beyond the obvious. I never would have spotted a trendy pumpkin in the Christmas ornaments. Well done, not only with your creativity, but with how brilliantly the design pulls it all together. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, this has to be one of the most clever cards I have seen...you are just so creative and this is just amazing...now I need that stamp set too. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, sheer Genius!!! I never would have thought to do this! cracking card...mind if I pin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, and look at the mileage you got out of the Christmas stamps! Clever indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant use of the big bauble stamp!! It really made me smile. Super card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are too clever Clare!!! I love your card: the colors, the stitching, and the extra touch of the little bow on the stem. I've wanted to get this ornament set to use for this years christmas cards, and now I have two seasons I can use it for!! thanks for the great idea!! :-) Have a great week: hope you and your family are doing well. Hugs from Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word, these are so CREATIVE, Clare! Can I just borrow your eyeballs for a little bit so that I can see things from your perspective? I would never have thought to use those ornaments as pumpkins! They turned out so fantastic! Love the leaves, TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one clever girl Clare! magically making the ornaments into pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That gorgeous sentiment caught my eye first. Wouldn't have recognized the pumpkin as an ornament - so clever. Even the touch of green with the leaves. Lovely fall card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I conquer with all the comments above Clare!! You are a GENIUS!! LOVE your ornamental pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Claire - you have such a wonderful gift - you see things that I would not even dream about - gorgeous my friend - simply gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Clare you are amazing! I love this! that pumpkin makes me smile! What a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love what you did with ornaments stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your creativity is amazing, Awesome!
    Blessings,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so darn clever Clare - another why didn't I think of this moment... well I already know why but lets not go there shall we? Wow! The pumpkins look so beautiful with the stripes and swirls - just brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  16. so cute!! love your ornament turned pumpkin:)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late!!
    Story of my life! :)
    But this is incredible!
    Pumpkins out of ornaments...
    I die!!
    And I'm so socking this idea away in my brainpan for future use...
    I LOVE it!!
    Such a gorgeous card...
    but they always are! :)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.