CASE Study #112

Thursday, October 11, 2012



Hello! It's our second week with the talented Julia Stainton as our muse at CASE Study, check out her fabulous inspiration card this week!


There's so much to look at here, I CASEd the floral focal point, the use of burlap fabric and I echoed the ruffle effect with just one ruffle on my card.


I had some burlap fabric (hessian) in my stash so I stitched a ruffle on my sewing machine using one of the selvage edges because it had a little bit of teal thread running through it and I liked the detail. This is pretty chunky stuff to work with so I used Fabri-Tac (Beacon Adhesives) to adhere it to my card, this is my go-to adhesive for fabrics. The sentiment is from Fancy Sentiments - Thinking of You from SRM Stickers and I adhered it directly to some dotty ribbon. I backed the ribbon onto a scrap piece of card for some extra support.


The roses I fussy cut from some 12x12 patterned paper from Bloomscape (Specialty Paper) by K&Company. I love these papers! The roses are propped up with some foam pads. The background is a lovely teal paper from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection embossed with a Sizzix Postal set embossing folder and lightly sandpapered.


I decided to use some different colors for this card, here's the inspiration photo I used for the color from Pinterest. I find it much more exciting to start with an inspiration photo when making my cards now, it really helps me to be a bit more daring with my color choices!


Don't forget to check out the rest of the CASE Study DT creations. I know you'll be inspired! Have a great day! : )


Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams
Jeanne Jachna (October Guest Designer)

4 comments

  1. This is beautiful! I just love the fussy cut rose & the burlap ruffle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO pretty, Clare! I LOVE the burlap ruffle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card! Love the ribbon and ruffled burlap! Love the pinterst pic and neat idea to use for colors....I'm not good at mixing lots of colors myself!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.