Waltzingmouse Stamps November Release Preview - Day 1

Tuesday, October 30, 2012



Welcome to day 1 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps November release previews, today the WMS design team are previewing the stamp sets Yonder Star and Yonder Star Background. My first card features Yonder Star, this is such a cool set especially if you love all things Western, even if you don't the star motifs in this set are just stunning. I got all inky for this card, I stamped the background using one of the star motifs some TH Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection and Cherry Red ink. It's funny how muted the red turned out, I used the same red ink on the line of stars! I used Walnut Stain and Antique Linen Distress Stains on the edges, along with Vintage Photo and Antique Linen Distress Inks.


The set is jam packed with sentiments, I love this one! I stamped it using Coffee archival ink, then I used some clear embossing powder over it. The holly embellishment I had in my stash. My next card has less distressing but still lots of texture and layers.


This time I used Yonder Star Background stamped in Cherry Red to create some patterned paper, then I used the Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom Ornaments to die cut the ornament shape. The corrugated card is recycled from a cardboard box! : )


The sentiment is from the Yonder Star set, stamped simply in black (to show off the cool texture on the font) and the edges are lightly inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink. For my last card, I kept the lines very clean and bright and did a little fussy cutting with the stars.


Here you can see how fabulous this star stamp is, (I might be wrong but I think it resembles the Ohio star?) Again I used Cherry Red and teamed it with some festive green!


Here's another fab sentiment from Yonder Star! Such brilliant fonts! Ok, I hope you're enjoying the previews! Check out what the rest of the WMS design team have created! I'll be back tomorrow with some more previews!!


Bonnie Sharp Lynn Mercurio Belinda Change Langner Sarah Martina Parker Tosha Leyendekker Anya Schrier Kelly Schirmer Sandie Dunne Clare Buswell Becca Feeken Julia Aston Jennifer Holmes Laurie Schmidlin Claire Brennan

19 comments

  1. Gorgeous card's love the layouts and the designs and colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all fabulous Clare, these images look beautiful shabby or CAS! Great designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards. What a great selection of styles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire I totally am smitten with all your cards! All such beautiful works of art. The one with cardboard is so smooth and done so well it honestly looks like cinnamon sticks all tied or glued together to make that card so homey feeling. I am totally in love with the new Yonder Star set and Yonder Star Background stamps. Also your embossing on the Sentiment is Fabulous! Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so fun! I love the gorgeous backgrounds you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three wonderful designs using the new sets Clare! the brown embossing looks great on the first sentiment - love the pretty ornament and lovely cut out stars!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Clare! I have just RE-discovered embossing and am finding the results just gorgeous! Great samples!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!
    All of them!!
    But I do have to admit a certain fondness for the 1st one...
    that sentiment!!
    I die over that sentiment...
    eekkk!!
    I love! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super selection of cards! I really like the texture in the ornament card with the corrugated card! You show just how versatile these stamps are from folksy to CAS! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are all gorgeous!! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous cards all of them. The embossing on your first card is so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are absolutely amazing, Clare! I want to marry the first one, LOL! Every detail is stunning. The teeny label looks like it was carved from real wood! Love the corrugated cardboard on the second...always love how versatile you make those ornament dies look! How great is the layout on the third one? The festive stars just pop right off of the snowy white background :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Have to say it again. Wow. Love your cards today, the western set is so great and will work so well with Back in the saddle images too. I love the yonder star in red/green combo...so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards! I especially love the rustic feel and textures on the first two cards.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You have created such beautiful samples with these sets, Clare. Love the rustic feel of the first - holly is the perfect compliment to this sentiment, I think! I also love the die cut patterned ornament. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. All stunning!! Love the texture and ink choices - you've certainly captured the essense of the rustic, western feel - I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.