WMSC #120

Saturday, October 20, 2012



It's time for a new sketch over at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Here's this week's sketch, it's inspired by one of my old cards, so I had to find the time to play along!


I think I'm done with Halloween so I'm in full Christmas mode now! So I brought out the Poinsettia stamps from Big Blooms - Poinsettias by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I love Poinsettias at Christmas, my plant in our hallway it still alive from last year, looking healthy too! I'm surprised it survived the year, they usually don't here!


I stamped it twice on some rich red cardstock from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, to add some depth of color I used some Distress Markers to bring out the details (Barn Door, Fired Brick and Vintage Photo). The mustard/gold cardstock is also from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection. I used a glue pen around the edges of the poinsettia and sprinkled with ultrafine gold glitter. I added some pearls to the centre to brighten it a little.


The sentiment stamp is from Very Vintage Christmas by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped it using embossing ink and sprinkled with Butterscotch embossing powder from Adirondack. Don't forget to check out the rest of the creations at the Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge. Oh and the sneak peeks of the new stamps are starting on Wednesday the 24th of October on Claire's Blog, don't miss it, you're in for a treat!! : )

10 comments

  1. So sweet. Love the red.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card. Love the rich reds & the glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is one fabulous, sparkly poinsettia!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The master of the sketch comes up with a brilliant SECOND card! Such a gorgeous poinsettia. Love the idea of shading colored cardstock with markers, I forgot we are allowed to do that :) Love it, Clare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous poinsettia!! These colors are so rich!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved your sketch this week Clare...your poinsettia card is so elegant. The glitter around the edges really add to the elegance of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sketch was amazing and I just love your poinsettia! The color is so rich and I love how you brought out the details!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.