12 Tags of 2012 - November

Friday, November 23, 2012


I hope all of my friends in the US had a lovely Thanksgiving yesterday! I had so much fun making Tim Holtz's October tag last month, I was determined to make the time to play along again this month. I was delighted to find out I was one of the winners for the October tags too! Check out Tim's amazing tag for November. He used a clear embossing resist technique, lots of fun!


My first attempt at the tag was a bit of a flop, I didn't use a light enough cardstock (I used a Kraft cardstock) and the result wasn't as effective. So I gave it another go, I also learned from the first attempt that once you iron the tag to remove the embossing ink that the color dulls quite a bit, so I made the colors more vibrant before I ironed it. It turned out much better! I didn't have have all the materials Tim used so I improvised a bit. The sentiment stamp is from Say it Loud - Winter Holiday and the foliage stamp is from Festive Foliage both from Waltzingmouse Stamps.


There's nothing more satisfying than dying seam binding with Distress Stains, the results are so vibrant. On this tag I used the following Distress Stains, Mustard Seed, Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Barn Door, Peeled Paint and Walnut Stain. I also used some Distress Inks, Antique Linen, Old Paper and Vintage Photo. The sentiment I stamped using Jet Black archival ink. I didn't have any leaf dies so I sketched a few on some Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection cardstock and cut them out. I also used some Coffee archival ink to stamp some extra bits of foliage in the background. I used the same technique on my next tag, I just made this one Christmassy!


I love how this one turned out! I used the same resist technique for the background, I stamped some music sheet as my resist element, it's a bit more subtle. I used Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Antique Linen and Walnut Stain Distress Stains on this tag. Then I used Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy and Vintage Photo Distress Inks on the edges. The sentiments I stamped using Jet Black and the background elements I stamped using Coffee ink.


The pretty Poinsettia flower is by Petaloo. The little twine bow is a bit of stained twine I took apart. The stamps are from Marianne Design Eline's Huis Jingle set. There's some Spellbinders foliage in there too! Here's some detail of the resist elements, it's such a cool technique. Don't forget to check out Tim's blog for all the steps, he makes it so easy!


I don't know about you but when I play with the Distress Stains and inks I have less of a desire to make CAS cards. There I said it! : )


Ok, I'm off to prepare some samples for the next Waltzingmouse Stamps release, you're going to LOVE the new stamps! Oh, if you're looking for Distress Stains, Inks etc Blitsy have some great deals at the moment, I just placed an order!! ssshhhh! : )

6 comments

  1. WOW these are both stunning tags, beautifully designed and the colours are gorgeous.Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these tags! Off to check Tim's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GORGEOUS, Clare!! Pinned 'em both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both are really beautiful tags Clare!! Great composition of all the elements!! Hope you are doing well! :-)


    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.