CASE Study #118

Thursday, November 22, 2012


It's our fourth week at CASE Study with the amazing Angeline Yong as our muse. I stepped outside my comfort zone with this card and created a one layer, all stamped card *gasp*, I know, not an embellishment in sight! Check out Angeline's super card.


I was really inspired by the stamping and the layout with central focal point. Instead of autumn leaves I used some Festive Foliage from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I did practice my stamping arrangement on a scrap piece of paper first. I wasn't that brave!


The dark green leaves I stamped using Memento Cottage Ivy, the lighter green leaves I stamped using Mowed Lawn Distress Ink but when I was stamping it I stamped it first on a scrap piece of paper to give a lighter result with the second impression. The sentiment is from Say it Loud - Winter Holiday from Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped in Jet Black and Cherry Red.


I think it's the little pops of red that bring this card alive. I'm actually pretty happy with how this one turned out considering I hardly ever do one layer cards! I can't wait to see what the rest of the CASE Study DT have cooked up for you! Isabelle's all better now, she enjoyed the cookies (we all did!).

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams
Jeanne Jachna 

3 comments

  1. Gorgeous card love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's funny - I've been experimenting with one-layer cards too thinking of the cost of posting cards with even minimal embellishment. Love this one - the colours really make it stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Clare this is absolutely stunning! I love each and every perfectly placed stamp!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.