Merry Christmas

Thursday, November 8, 2012


Wow, I made a card just for fun! This week's Tuesday Trigger - Fantasy in Fall at Moxie Fab World really caught my eye, so I thought I'd have a play! I just love the colors, the fabulous felt and berries. Very inspiring!


I love using felt on cards, especially at this time of year, I love the warm, cosy texture! So I made some fun felt berries for my holly, I simply cut a small circle of felt, about 1 1/2" in diameter, did a running stitch along the outside (by hand), stuffed with some wadding/stuffing and stitched close. They're very squishy, you just want to poke them! : )


I drew a simple holly leaf shape on some green (Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection) cardstock and cut out. I stamped them subtly with Cabin Plaid from Waltzingmouse Stamps and clear embossed them. The background is embossed with a woodgrain embossing folder.


The gorgeous sentiment is from the new Compliments of the Season 2 from Waltzingmouse Stamps. I stamped it using Coffee Archival ink and colored the inside using Vintage Photo Distress Marker. I also tucked in a bit more felt in the form of a simple strip of mustard felt.


I think I have the urge to play with some more felt!! Ok, back to the to-do list first! I need to catch up on some stuff! : ) Thanks for dropping by!


3 comments

  1. This is beautiful I love the design and the holly looks fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty! I love the holly & berries!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO beautiful Claire - love the close up of those berries you made so I could see them better - they look amazing and I love the great texture you got on the leaves - beautiful take on the photo!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.