November 2012 Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party

Sunday, November 18, 2012


It's an awful dreary day here, raining buckets! It's only three in the afternoon and it's almost dark. I'm looking forward to a nice cup of tea by the fire later (after I bake the peanut butter cookies Isabelle keeps asking me for!). Anyway, here's my card for the November Waltzingmouse Stamps blog party, I made it just in time! The theme is gratitude, so I made a thank you card.


I used an inspiration photo (it's at the end of this post) for the colors in my card, lovely rich jewel tones, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to mix the colors successfully but I think I just about managed it!


For the purple panel I stamped the gorgeous Vintage Christmas Backgrounder (I love how this stamp covers the whole length of my card!) onto purple cardstock from the Core'dinations Vintage Collection and embossed using Butterscotch embossing powder from Ranger. The sentiment is from the Camellia stamp set from Waltzingmouse Stamps. The yellow cardstock is also from the Core'dinations Vintage Collection.


The flowers are from Wild Orchid Craft, the bright Pink Satin Ribbon is from Craft Fairy and the Light Cream Pearl Trinket Pins are from my Etsy shop.


The edges of the sentiment label I inked with some Antique Linen Distress Ink. I hope you're enjoying the blog party! Here's the inspiration photo I used for my card. Enjoy the rest of the day, I'm off to make some soup AND the peanut butter cookies! : )


15 comments

  1. Gorgeous!!
    That embossing is stunning...
    and the colors...
    wow!!
    Love it!!
    And hope a little one enjoys her cookies...
    mmmm...
    peanut butter...
    fresh from the oven...
    now I'm hungry!! *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card I love the design and the colours are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. The colors, the layout, the beautiful blooms.....just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Claire beautiful colours and those flowers are gorgeous! A lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful way to brush away the gloomy weather Clare! I love all the color you packed into this beauty and oh my... that butterscotch embossing powder looks like gold!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That embossed paper is GORGEOUS, Clare! Love the idea of heat embossing on textured paper, such a fabulous effect. And OH those stunning flowers! This card sure will brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this is gorgeous. Love the warm rich colours and those fantastic roses! Hope the cookies went down well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embossed background is so elegant, and so is this card. Such pretty flowers …… just happy to look at it! Try to stay warn and dry and the fire and tea sounds so cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW would never have put those colors together..it's a STUNNING card so cheerful and gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your lovely card looks like it belongs in your inspiration pic Clare! LOVE the butterscotch on the background and your pretty bright flowers - what a beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Soup and cookies by the fire on a rainy day sounds so cozy and perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous! I love that embossing and the colors you chose are amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Clare! Your card is Beautiful, as always!! Love the gorgeous colours and background! Amazing work!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.