Waltzingmouse Stamps December Release Previews - Day 1

Wednesday, November 28, 2012


Welcome to day 1 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps December release previews. On December 1st four fabulous new stamp sets will be released. Today the WMS design team are previewing the new - Woodgrain Backgrounder Set. I love this set, not only do you get a giant woodgrain background stamp, you also get five other woodgrain stamps in various shapes. For my first card, I had fun with Distress Inks and went for a more shabby look. Claire totally inspired me the other day with her Poinsettia cards! I colored mine using Distress Markers - Barn Door, Fired Brick, Scattered Straw, Peeled Paint and Forest Moss.


The Poinsettia stamp is from Big Blooms - Poinsettias, Claire also has free cut files for these now too, I'm still using my scissors!! : ) The sentiment is a mix of two stamp sets, the 'Merry Christmas' is from another of the new sets Ornate Ornaments and the 'Mom' is from the previously released Roses in Bloom stamped in Cherry Red. My next card uses one of the woodgrain shapes from the Woodgrain Backgrounder Set, a fabulous hexagon, love this stamp!


I stamped the woodgrain hexagons from the Woodgrain Backgrounder Set in Cherry red, Tea Leaves and a mix of two inks (Bahama Blue and Cottage Ivy) onto white card and cut out. I did emboss the white part of the card Swiss Dots but you can't see it in the photo.


The sentiment is from Compact Sentiments stamped onto a Spellbinders die cut grommet tag, tied on using some green and white baker's twine. My last card was largely experimental... I've seen a few cards around using a chalkboard/blackboard effect and fancied giving it a go!


I used quite a mix of stamps here but the banner woodgrain stamp layered on top of the label is the one from the new Woodgrain Backgrounder Set. I actually quite like the effect but I think I need to experiment more!


Other stamps I used on this card, the frame is from Paris Nouveau, the text is from Compliments of the Season, the Christmas text and Santa and reindeers are from Twas the night before Christmas. There's also a little bit of Nordic Winter in the background! I used Moonlight White pigment ink for the inked edges. Here are the ladies sharing samples today. I'll be back tomorrow with some 'lovely' cards... think hearts! : )

Bonnie Sharp
Tosha Leyendekker
Kelly Schirmer
Sandie Dunne
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Jennifer Holmes
Claire Brennan

18 comments

  1. Beautiful cards Clare! Love the woodgrain!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. three beauties Clare! love all of your designs - wonderful combination of stampings on your blackboard card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh ! These are amazing!love the wood with the poinsettia . The woodgrain hexagon card is gorgeous,so is the last one son elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clare - what a fabulous selection of cards. I really like funky hexagons and the beautifully vintage poinsettia. But your Christmas bells card is fantastic! Love the way you mixed up the sets and the white on black looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful wood grain hexagons!! Love the wood panel with the poinsettia too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful projects~I am spellbound by those gorgeous hexagons!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All fab but I particularly love the hexagons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Clare...these are all so lovely and you did a wonderful show really showcasing their versatility with the other WMS sets. Your hex card is my favorite though...I'm so loving the geometric design in the fun array of colors. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of these! Thinking this new set will be mine, LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always...
    simply gorgeous!! :)
    Love that background and stunning poinsettias...
    and the hexagon in colors...
    I LOVE!!
    But the chalkboard effect...
    I die!!
    Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. One amazing card after another, Clare! I love the way you used the extra elements in the set - the hexagon card is particularly yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What stunning cards Clare!! Each one is so beautiful and unique!! Your poinsettias are brilliant with your beautifully distressed wood panel. And those hexagons...LOVE them!! And your chalkboard card is super stunning!! WOW!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, these are all amazing Clare!! I love the French nouveau frame, it looks wonderful teamed with the christmas stamps! Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! All so wonderful! I love that chalkboard one- would be fun for teacher cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Three beautiful cards - all so different but all full of gorgeousness! The first one is my favourite. Now I am wondering why I haven't bought the poinsettia stamp set before!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards Clare - I think the bottom one is my favourite. Looks fab in the black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards,Clare!! Such wonderful creativity!! I LOVE the woodgrain set, it is so versatile and produces Amazing stamping ;)

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.