Waltzingmouse Stamps December Release Previews - Day 3

Friday, November 30, 2012


Welcome to day 3 of the Waltzingmouse Stamps December release previews. Tomorrow, Dec 1st four fabulous sets will be released. Today the team are previewing the set - Ornate Ornaments.


Ornate Ornaments is a fabulous set (another one of those must-haves), I love this set because there are three different shaped ornaments in it that co-ordinate with Spellbinders dies. I have two of the three dies but I'm sure I'll manage fine with the scissors on the third.


I think this is my favorite stamp, it's so classy, so timeless, so Waltzingmouse!  : ) Here I stamped it in Cherry Red and distressed the edges with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. The smaller ornament I stamped in Pistachio ink. This sentiment is from the same Ornate Ornaments set but the 'kisses' stamp is from Festive Foliage.


I also made a large tag using the largest stamp in the Ornate Ornaments set. This one's more subtly stamped using Vintage Photo Distress Ink.


The tag opens up for you to write your message inside. I die cut the ornament using a folded piece of cardstock to achieve the fold. I love the green on the inside of the tag.


I stamped the inside using more elements from the Ornate Ornaments set, the edges I inked with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo again.


The holly leaves I stamped and clear embossed using a stamp from Festive Foliage. I added some velvet ribbon for a touch of luxury! I hope you'll join us for the Release Day Blog Waltz tomorrow. Here are the ladies showing samples today. Thanks for dropping by and thank you for all your comments, I really appreciate them! : )


Bonnie Sharp
Sarah Martina Parker
Tosha Leyendekker
Kelly Schirmer
Sandie Dunne
Clare Buswell
Julia Aston
Laurie Schmidlin
Jennifer Holmes
Claire Brennan

25 comments

  1. Love your vintage card and tag! the velvet ribbon looks so nice on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning card, gorgous Christmassy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing - love what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, I LOVE what you have created-stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning projects Clare. You rocked this set. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two pretty creations Clare! The ornaments look lovely against the embossed background - and your tag is beautiful with the ribbon and holly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card and tag love the distressed stamping used !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love the effect of the ornaments slightly cut off of the card - just has a great look, I think! I also love your little ornament card/tag - this would be so pretty on a package or the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clare - these are great! Love the deep green velvet bow on your ornament card and the textured background too! And your ornament tag is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are stunning Clare, so festive! I love that gorgeous red velvet ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the bows...the velvet on them are stunning when placed on the lovely cards

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow Clare!! Your first card is so warm and rich, and I love the off-set ornament and the embossed bg! Your tag is so charming too with the subtle bg and bold green center!! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a great card...love the kraft look with the ornaments really popping off it. I also love your cute little tag.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Wow! My favourite cards to date! So classy - I love the traditional red/green/cream combo for Christmas cards. Can't wait for the store to open on Saturday night!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card and tag, Clare. I am intrigued by the card background panel. Wondering if it is DP or embossed or ?? I love the Ornate Ornaments set. No one does Christmas like WMS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charmaine! The card background panel is embossed using the Sizzix - Flowertopia embossing folder and then I just inked it with Distress Inks - Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. Yes, I really love the Ornate Ornaments set, it's gorgeous! Thanks for your comment! : )

      Delete
  16. Love the card and the tag.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are sumptuous. Love the velvet bows! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  18. As always you delight and inspire with your gorgeous creations...
    love all of these beauties!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are DE-lightful, Clare! LOVE the ornament tag that opens! I want to make 10 of them now...and you are right, they MUST have a green center :)!! You card design is rustic perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So clever how you've used the stamps here, so pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for a great card & tag. I need to try this
    for my grandchildren
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.