Quilled Poinsettia Card

Friday, December 14, 2012


It's been a while since I've done any quilling and I've been dying to make some quilled Poinsettias. (Quilled Poinsettia tutorial to follow!) So I thought I better do it before Christmas comes and goes!


I kept the rest of the card pretty simple, I really wanted the Poinsettias to be the focal point. I just added some texture to the white background with a text embossing folder.


The sentiment sticker is from Sticker Sentiments - Happy Holidays from SRM Stickers. I also added some natural twine.


I decided not to quill the green leaves, I thought it might be too much, so I just cut some leaf shapes from green cardstock - I used Core'dinations Vintage Collection. Here's the tutorial link on how to make these leaves.


Ok, so I'll be back in a little while with the Quilled Poinsettia tutorial. It's a step-by-step photo tutorial, not a video, I thought I could capture more of the details with the photos, the quilling is so fiddly!

2 comments

  1. WOW I love this card the quilled poinsettias are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow is right! this card is a masterpiece! I thought one layer of quilling was awesome, but 2? insanity! creative insanity!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.