Waltzingmouse Stamps DT Release Day Blog Waltz

Saturday, December 1, 2012


Yay, it's release day! Today Waltzingmouse Stamps are releasing 4 fabulous new stamp sets, Woodgrain Backgrounder Set, My Heart, Woodenheart Alphabet and Ornate Ornaments. The Waltzingmouse Stamps Design Team are now having a little blog waltz celebrating all things Christmassy! You can visit Claire's Blog for the start of the blog waltz. I made a Christmas ornament using Ornate Ornaments and Woodenheart Alphabet.


I made my keepsake ornament using traditional colors because that's what I love on our tree. I wanted it to be flat at the front and back with volume at the sides so I could stamp some text in the middle of the ornament.


I think the Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornament is my favorite, I just love the elegant shape and Claire designed the perfect stamp to go with it. I stamped it using Cherry Red and I inked the edges with Distress Inks - Antique Linen and Vintage Photo. The lovely sentiment is from the same Ornate Ornaments set.


On the back of the ornament I used the numbers from Woodenheart Alphabet to stamp the year. I think I'll have to make a special ornament every year now!


I die cut the ornament 8 times, stamped and distressed them, scored them in half and glued them together. I also added some ribbon and pearl beads. The great thing about this ornament is that it lies completely flat for storage.


The narrow Red Satin Ribbon, Red Chiffon Ribbon and Satin Edged Chiffon are all from Craft Fairy. I really liked the effect of the chiffon on the ornament, it really catches the light.


I hope you're enjoying the blog waltz, next up is the talented Kelly Schirmer, I'm sure she's created something fabulous!!

There will be a prize of a stamp set of your choice for one lucky winner so be sure to leave a comment on each of the DT's blogs to be in with a chance of winning! You have until December 3rd 11:59pm (GMT) to leave your comment. The winner will be announced on Claire's blog on December 5th.

43 comments

  1. Wonderful 3D ornament Clare! Love the red and the lovely beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning!!
    This is absolutely gorgeous...
    but they always are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Claire designed the perfect stamp for this die. Your ornament is sure to be a keepsake. Love it In Cherry Red.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ornaments! I love this stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I ABSOLUTELY adore, love, desire this ornament! Beautiful, beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful, love the dimension and the vintage style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of adding the year and the multiple layers look great, fab ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty--I like the traditional colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This must be an eye catcher in your tree! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, just beautiful - these would make such a wonderful keepsake gift; I have visions of a different one each year and a tree just covered with all the variations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh how lovely! You have done a wonderful job with this lovely new stamp (so glad I've ordered this set now)!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just beautiful and elegant with a lovely choice of colours!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is truly gorgeous! Love the richness of the red and the touch of green - beautifully traditional and one that will be on the tree every year. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Every part of this ornament is just so striking! Love the vintage look of it as well and storing flat is absolutely a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this ornament Clare...the date stamped on the back is such a great way to remember when you first used this on your tree. Very pretty in the traditional Christmas red.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! I love your ornaments! The colors are so, so pretty! I think I "need" the stamps and dies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely ornament.

    craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very pretty. Love the pin at the end with the pearls, gives it an old fashioned feel to it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This truly is a keepsake ornament. Adding one every year will make a lovely tradition and addition to your tree or wreath

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the rich look with this red and cream combo! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeus Clare! Lovely and decorative, a gorgeous ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oooh - love this...am so going to steal this idea for next year Clare (not organised enough for this year!) Looks amazing and way nicer than anything you can buy in the shops I think!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is such a beautiful ornament Claire - what a great idea and the colours are beautifully traditional!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your ornament...I'm kind of in to these this year. I love how you incorporated the beads. I think I'll borrow your idea and use some small jingle bells I have in place of the beads. Thanks for the great idea. Jan Douglas, Florida

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous!! Will look fabulous on your tree....think I'm casing this (along with Tosh's)!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awesome! i love it. thanks for sharing!

    marianneDOTwanhamATgmailDOTcom

    ReplyDelete
  27. So pretty! I love the dimension and it's just perfectly executed and put together!

    ReplyDelete
  28. TFS, great idea for the ornament to lay flat, would not have thought of that.

    ReplyDelete
  29. What an elegant ornament to add to your Christmas treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the dimension and beauty of this ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Clare this is brilliant and so so CASEable!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is so beautiful! I love the dimension to it. And such an elegant way to create a handmade ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great ornament. I will need to try this.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  34. This is a wonderful ornament. No one would expect it to be home made.
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  35. These would look lovely on an entire tree! Love that you added the year! Great gift idea and could be mailed!

    ReplyDelete

  36. This is a breathtaking design, I really love the traditional feel & colors. Since I make an ornament for each family member every year, you have provided a lovely way to make a holiday greeting "card" & ornament perfect for mailing. Thank you for sharing them.
    alsmouse ~C8> Ratty Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  37. How pretty! The stamp looks so good in that red; its so detailed. Love the 3D ornament

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Clare! Thanks for letting me know about being the WMS winner...yay! I think I may just be putting in an order for those gorgeous Christmas ornaments!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.