A couple of cards (water blending dye inks)

Monday, January 21, 2013


I've a couple of cards to share today (one's that didn't get picked up for a recent magazine call) using a water blending technique and dye inks. It's super easy. I stamped the houndstooth background (from Heirloom Patterns by Waltzingmouse Stamps) using a mix of Memento Danube Blue and Bahama blue and then just misted with water, I allowed it to bleed and let a few drops run to achieve the watercolor effect. I blotted any excess water with a paper towel.


I die-cut the tag using the Sizzix Tags Scalloped Combo #2 die and the sentiment is from Compact Sentiments Part 2 by Waltzingmouse Stamps. The Twinery Midnight Blue Navy & White twine is from SRM Stickers.


The flower I made using the Spiral Blossom One from Spellbinders and some layers of red tissue paper. The leaves I made using this leaf tutorial. I used the same technique to create the background paper for my second card. It really is a fun and easy technique.


I used the Dainty Doilies - Large Set from Waltzingmouse Stamps and a combo of inks - Memento Bahama Blue, Rose Bud and Lemon Yellow (Impress). I stamped all the doilies on a larger piece of card, then misted with water and blotted. Once dry I trimmed to fit my card.


The sentiment is from Compact Sentiments - Part 2 by Waltzingmouse Stamps. I added a few buttons as some extra detailing.


We finally got some snow today, we haven't had any in a couple of years! So Isabelle was really excited. Inspired by The Snowman and the Snowdog animation we made a little snowdog! : )

6 comments

  1. I think these are gorgeous!! Love the effect and love that big red bllom, so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely cards, as always, Clare! Your snowdog is darling, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards and an adorable snowdog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Die erste Karte ist sowas von schön, genial und unglaublich! Lg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are so pretty Clare~lovely misting technique. Your snowdog is the cutest ever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your cards Clare: That looks like a fun technique to try! And tell Isabelle that her snow dog is just fantastic: it makes me smile!! Hugs, H in Healdsburg

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.