CASE Study #123

Thursday, January 10, 2013


It's a brand new year, brand new month and we have a brand new muse at CASE Study! It's the fabulously talented Amber Kemp-Gerstel from Damask Love (a totally cool website btw!). I'm always in awe of this lady's work, she is amazing!! Check out her adorable inspiration card.


I stuck pretty close to Amber's design, I love those cascading hearts! So, I super-sized the hearts and did a little repeat stamping just using two colors and the cool woodgrain heart from My Heart by Waltzingmouse Stamps.


I used Memento Rose Bud ink and Lady Bug ink and just stamped them in a random pattern, stamping twice without inking up between stamping to achieve the lighter tones. The text I stamped using two alphabet sets, one (Typewriter Letters) from Hero Arts and one (Chelsea Alphabet) from Inkadinkado.


Never content to leave the white space alone, I added a little subtle lace and some red buttonhole twine. I was pleasantly surprised with the results, although I did practice my stamping on some scrap paper first, I was a bit nervous of the random stamping!


Don't forget to check out the CASE Study blog and the creations from the rest of the team! I love the variety this team brings!! I'm so proud to me amongst them! : )

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams
Jeanne Jachna 

Tasnim Ahmed (Guest Designer)
Amber Kemp-Gerstel (January Muse)

11 comments

  1. WOW! Another absolutely breathtaking card, Clare! Love the stamped heart background, it is BRILLIANT!

    have a nice day,
    hugs
    Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! And your random stamping looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clare, I love your card. For those of us who cannot purchase the stamp set at this time, but might have a woodgrain stamp already, we could us the "kiss" technique for this.
    Thanks for sharing your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a completely wonderful job!! Loving those hearts and will have to cave in :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that woodgrain heart and the two step stamping.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such WONDERFUL card and use of those woodgrain hearts - I have to ink mine up after seeing this! Thanks for the inspiration (I needed it ! )
    Hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was drooling over this on Facebook the other day Clare! You make the most elegant cards - so simple, but so very gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is lovely - the shades of pink and red, the pretty lace trim and twine - just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous-so simply yet effective. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your take on this card...so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the unusual way you did the diecut on the man card. They are all pretty. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.