CASE Study #126

Thursday, January 31, 2013


Hello! It's our final week with the talented Amber Kemp-Gerstel as our muse at CASE Study, check out her fab card this week, I was inspired by the whole photo, props n'all!


I picked out the colors from the photo, CASEd the basic layout and created a similar patterned background using the In Stitches embossing folder.


The beautiful sticker sentiment is from Fancy Sticker Sentiments - Love from SRM Stickers. The touches of bling are from Classy Corners Elegance by Nina Brackett for Want2Scrap. I love snipping these apart and using elements for a card!


I was in the mood for making a flower and I'm so glad I did because I love how this one turned out and it was a bit of an accident! I started out using my fav flower die, the Tattered Florals die from Sizzix, I used the two smaller dies for the centre petals. I was going to use the larger die from this set for the outer petals but the size difference was two great so I decided to try Spellbinders Rose Creations dies, I used the largest flower die for the outer petals.


But it was the cardstock I used that created the 'happy' accident, I used Core'dinations Gemstones Pearlescent Finish cardstock and as I was shaping the petals, I don't know if it was my rough treatment or the edges I inked with VersaMagic but the cardstock started to split apart, but then I teased them apart to make more layers, they were a slightly lighter tone and made the flower look more realistic AND gave a lovely shabby rose result! I was happy : ) I will be experimenting again with some more Core'dinations cardstock to see if it happens again. If it works out I'll post a tutorial, I haven't forgotten about the Anemone tutorial either, it's top of my list! The leaf die I used is also from the Spellbinders Rose Creations die set. The Marigold Twine and Gold Shimmer Twine are from SRM Stickers.


Don't forget to visit the CASE Study blog and check out all the amazing creations from my teammates!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Christina Maclaren
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams
Jeanne Jachna 

Tasnim Ahmed (Guest Designer)
Amber Kemp-Gerstel (January Muse)



5 comments

  1. This card is so pretty! Love the design and the colors you used. and I can;t believe you hand made that flower! It is GORgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Looking forward to a shabby rose tutorial. TFS ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you incoorporated all the colors fro the picture and love that big beautiful flower! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just a dream here Clare, the gorgeous bloom, the lace, the swirl of gems... sigh... so romantic!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.