10 Minute Craft Dash #12

Friday, February 22, 2013



I've seen a few of my crafty friends taking part in this great challenge, the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I kept on thinking there's no way I could make any kind of card in just 10 minutes but hey I thought I'd give it a go anyway. I did actually enjoy the process and I can see the value in it, especially for me as I tend to over-think my cards.


I didn't really think about what I was going to do too much, I just grabbed some stuff I thought I wanted to use. I did have to stop the clock once just to grab some brown ink which I forgot at the beginning. Here's the card, ok it's not my best but it's not as bad as I thought it was going to be!


I used Vintage Garden - Flowers from Waltzingmouse Stamps, stamped quickly with Memento Rose Bud ink. I used Say it Loud also from Waltzingmouse Stamps for the sentiment, stamped using Coffee ink from Ranger. The thought of stamping on a separate piece of card flew into my head but it soon flew out when I checked the time I had left!


So it took me just 8 minutes and 10 seconds to make the card from start to finish! Fastest card ever for me!! This didn't include clean up time by the way! I'll definitely be giving it a go again. I can't complain I don't have enough time for it, I squeezed this one in just before lunch!


4 comments

  1. Oh, it just makes me so happy to hear that you have seen your crafty friends participate in my challenge and that prompted you to give it a try. :) I'm so happy you did- your card turned out beautifully. Isn't it amazing the things we can accomplish within 10 minutes?

    Thank you so much for joining in this 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope you will play with us again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you gave it a try. It's so much fun, isn't it?
    Thanks for playing along with the 10 MInute Craft Dash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Clare - I know exactly what you mean about "over thinking", this exercise definitely helps you learn to trust your instincts more!
    So glad you joined in the fun at the 10 Minute Craft Dash - hope to see you again soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful stamping on this! I love it! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at the 10 Minute Craft Dash Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.