A card just for fun...

Friday, February 22, 2013


Sometimes it's nice to make a card just for fun, not for any DT or for any challenge, using some of your favorite things. SO, I did, I love polka dots, I love ditsy floral prints, I love banners, I love lace and the result is a happy card, just to please myself!


I used Bitty Banners from Waltzingmouse Stamps to stamp the banner (Memento Rose Bud and VersaMagic Thatched Straw). The floral print paper is from Little Bo Peep from Crate Paper.


The sentiment is from Compact Sentiments Part 2 from Waltzingmouse Stamps and I just cut around it.


The sweet pink Floral Damask ribbon is from Craft Fairy, it's so pretty!  The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts.


Ok, I hope you all have a great weekend. I'm off to attempt to bake my grandma's gingerbread cake, I found her recipe the other day and as a child I remember it being the most delicious cake. I have attempted other gingerbread cake recipes in the past but found they turned out too dense and I remember my grandma's version as fluffy with an amazing slightly sticky crumb. I do hope it turns out like hers but I may have to experiment as I have to use wheat/gluen-free flour and dairy free spread! Fingers crossed! : )

4 comments

  1. Beautiful card! Good luck with the cake--sounds delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I do like the lace trim.

    Have fun baking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the card. Great inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty & sweet! Love the cute banner & flower accents!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.