Die'sire sneak peek

Friday, March 15, 2013


Hello! Some of you may know I recently joined the Die'sire Design Team (Crafter's Companion UK) and I get to create with some fabulous dies and embossing folders (big embossing folders!). Well the team has been busy creating samples for the launch of some new Embossalicious embossing folders, these folders are amazing because they range in size from 6"x6", 8"x8" right up to A4! The folders will be launched on Ideal World on Wednesday the 20th of March at 9pm and 11pm. You'll have the opportunity to see more on Thursday the 21st at 8am, then throughout the day on both Ideal World and Create and Craft TV. You'll also see some of the amazing Die'sire Quilling dies on the show too. So, on to my card. First of all this is a big card, almost 7 1/2"x 5 1/2" and yes I used an embossing folder to cover the entire front! I used the new A4 Floral Vine Embossalicious embossing folder.


It's actually a piece of vellum that I stained with Antique Linen and Scattered Straw Distress Stains, then embossed with the A4 Floral Vine Embossalicious embossing folder, lightly sandpapered the surface and rubbed with Vintage Photo Distress Ink. Then I layered it onto some Core'dinations cardstock, stitching it in position. Now on to those flowers, you KNOW how much I love to make paper flowers so it was a real joy to experiment with the Die'sire Quilling dies.


For this Camellia flower I used the Camellia - Large die for the larger outer petals and the Camellia - Small die for the center. I used Core'dinations cardstock and lightly shaped the petals on a foam pad with the rounded lid of a pen, before rolling them up. I used the quilling slot tool that I already had. For some extra highlights I used a dry brush and some white acrylic paint on the tips of the petals.


I love the versatility of the dies, here I used the Marigold die to make a carnation flower! It took just two strips of the Marigold die, and I pinched and twisted each petal before rolling to achieve this look! This one I sprayed with Spray and Sparkle Gold Glitter Varnish (coolest stuff ever!).


The third flower on the card was made using the Dahlia Quilling die and I also used the Stamen Quilling die for the center (which is just great for making your own quilling strips too!). I added a little pearl button to the center. All the leaves I made using the Leaf 1 die, again using Core'dinations cardstock. You can also see a little bit of Want2Scrap Classy Corners - Elegance by Nina B Designs.


The sentiment is from Fancy Sentiments - Thinking of You from SRM Stickers. I used Distress Ink on the cardstock before adding the sticker sentiment, it works much better this way! The shape I just cut out by hand.


I had so much fun making the flowers I made a matching tag! I made a smaller version of the Camellia than I used on the card. Again using both the Camellia - Large die for the larger outer petals and the Camellia - Small die for the center but I used less layers for the outer petals, and I curled the petals inwards with a needle nosed tweezers, giving more of a rose look I think! I also pinched vein lines into the die cut leaves with the tweezers.


The sentiment sticker on the tag (which is from the Die'sire Scalloped Tags die set) is also from Fancy Sentiments - Thinking of You from SRM Stickers.


So, I made lots more samples for the Ideal World show using both the new embossing folders and the quilling dies that I'll be able to show you over the coming days! The quilling dies are available now from the Crafter's Companion website. Don't forget to tune into the show on Ideal World on Wednesday the 20th of March at 9pm and 11pm. If you miss it you'll have the opportunity to see more on Thursday the 21st at 8am, then throughout the day on both Ideal World and Create and Craft TV.


13 comments

  1. You truly are the flower Queen Clare! These are AMAZING - I can feel a diesire to rejoing the create and craft club coming up..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning Clare, gorgeous design, stunning flowers and I love the stitching. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning!! you are rockin these dies and folders...Love love love these creations

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Clare! Lovely card.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Clare, on the new DT gig; sounds like a perfect match to me! Your card today is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card and tag! Love the gorgeous flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrat!Beautiful card and tag...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the DT what a lovely card thanks for sharing
    Hugs
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so beautiful Clare

    Hugs Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card! Love the color choice and the embossing folder that you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love the little extra touches you've added to each of the flowers on this card. Appreciate your explanations of what you've done to each of them.
    Did not think I would be inclined to purchase any of the quilled flower dies but now am having second thought.
    Keep up the great work.
    regards
    Veecee

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi just wanted to say beautifull card and the flowers are stunning,well done big crafty hugs bren from the threecrafters xxxx

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.