More Die'sire sneak peaks

Tuesday, March 19, 2013


Scroll down for my The Craft's Meow post! I thought I'd share another couple of projects that I made for the  Die'sire (Crafter's Companion) new product launch on Ideal World TV tomorrow the 20th of March (9pm). There are lots of new large format (A4, 8x8 inch and 6x6 inch) Embossalicious embossing folders being launched on the show and the Die'sire Quilling dies will also be available.


I made the flower using the Die'sire Quilling Dies - I used the small Camellia, large Camellia and the Lace Flower die to make the centre. I used some gorgeous Core'dinations cardstock and lightly sanded the tips. The leaves are from the Leaf 1 die set.


I used the new Floral Vine A4 embossing folder to emboss this Large Clear Pillow box from SRM Stickers. I love the effect on the acetate once embossed, it just looks amazing. You can highlight some of the embossing detail by lightly sanding the surface. The sentiment sticker is from Fancy Sentiments - Thinking of You from SRM Stickers. You get a much better result if you add your sticker to the cardstock before die-cutting the tag. The tag is from Die'sire Decorative die - Scalloped Tags from Crafter's Companion. Here's my second project, I made a pretty corsage/flower brooch!


I think this was the favorite item I made for the show. I used the Large Camellia Quilling Die and I used the Lace Flower Quilling Die to make the centre. I had just received some Crinoline fabric in the post (mail) and couldn't wait to try the quilling dies with it! Because the Crinoline is so stiff  the dies cut it perfectly! Crinoline usually comes white so I used Distress Stains to colour it. For the centre I used Mustard Seed, the petals are stained using Spun Sugar and Picked Raspberry. The leaves I cut freehand from some hessian (burlap) fabric and stained with Peeled Paint Distress Stain.


I simply added a circle of felt, a rectangle of felt and a safety pin to make it functional! I used fabric glue to attach these.


The flower itself is made up of 4 strips of the Large Camellia die and one of the Lace Flower. I rolled all of these on my quilling tool adding a dot of fabric glue here and there along the way. Once it was dry I sprayed it with Spray and Sparkle Iridescent Glitter Varnish by Crafter's Companion, this actually seals the flower while adding some sparkle too! To highlight the tips I brushed a little white acrylic paint over the ends with a dry brush. Yep I'm addicted to Crinoline now, can't wait to experiment more!

Don't forget Leann Chivers will be on Ideal World for the new Crafter's Companion Die'sire Embossalicious launch tomorrow (March 20th) at 9pm and 11pm, then again on Thursday at 8am and throughout the day on both Ideal World TV and Create and Craft!


5 comments

  1. These projects are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Clare, these are out of this world.

    Question, what glue do you use ?

    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I use Collall White glue or Aleene's Tacky Glue for making the paper quilled flowers and Beacon Fabri-Tac for the fabric flowers. The Fabri-Tac glue is also great for sticking down heavy embellishments to cards, it's like a super glue or hot glue, great stuff.

      Delete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.