Tattered Floral Challenge

Friday, March 22, 2013


I just squeezed in just before the deadline with this one. The Tim Holtz Tattered Floral Challenge was on my to-do list for a while now and I finally got around to it today. You know how much I love to make paper flowers and the Tattered Floral die is one of my all time favorites. You know I also like to make my flowers big and this one ended up being 3 1/2" wide and about an inch deep.


It's sitting on a faux book gift box I just made (more about that in another post). So I went for a full bodied, shabby flower and I added some stamens to the center. I used Core'dinations cardstock from the Super Assortments range to make the flower using several layers of the largest flower die and just a couple of the medium sized one. I did a lot of inking and blending with Victorian Velvet and Vintage Photo Distress ink and some shaping and cupping on a foam mat. To add some extra glow after that I used some blending chalks, some orange and yellow and added some subtle shading to the bases of the petals in the center layers.


I also divided some of the larger petal layers (something that Core'dinations cardstock is perfect for), as in I split the actual paper. I go into more detail about this in this tutorial - Shabby Rose Tutorial. It makes the petals more textured and light, I just love the effect and it's perfect for a tattered flower!


The leaves I cut by hand from Core'dinations cardstock and inked with Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks. I'll be back really soon with another post to talk a bit more about this faux book I just made, I think it's one of my favorite creations for a long time!


4 comments

  1. wow, that flower is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! unbelievable, stunning flower! and love the details on the faux book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow , this is such a GORGEOUS project! LOVE IT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! I love your project! It is a winner in my book!!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.