The Craft's Meow March release previews Day 3

Tuesday, March 19, 2013


It's day 3 of previews at The Craft's Meow already! Today the design team are previewing the new Take the Cake stamp set designed by by talented friend Nina Brackett. This is an amazing set, where you can build your own cakes from various patterned layers.


There's this gorgeous cake stand stamp too. You also have the option of two different sized mix and match cakes, along with candles, other toppers and lots of sentiments.


I added some touches of glitter to my cake using a glue pen. To stamp my cake I used VersaMagic Thatched Straw, Pixie Dust, Pink Petunia and Aegean Blue. I colored some of the details on the top layer using a Worn Lipstick Distress Marker.


The rose topper I colored using Distress Markers - Worn Lipstick, Barn Door and Crushed Olive, the edges I distressed using Antique Linen Distress Ink.


There's also the choice of two banner toppers for your cake. I used one of the other sentiments on my card. I can't wait to take the time to play with this set more, I'm sure it'll come in very handy for birthdays and weddings!

As part of The Craft's Meow birthday celebrations there will be TWO WINNERS of a stamp set per day, with a bonus on blog hop day, when two lucky winners will win the entire release! Deadline for comments on The Craft's Meow blog is 8:00pm PST each day. I'll see you again tomorrow for another preview! : )


3 comments

  1. OK, I must confess, before I scrolled down....after seeing what Clare was saying the new set was, my cynical self thought--this HAS been done before. { But I kept scrolling... }BUT, never been done this well. I'm glad I kept scrolling. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.