The Craft's Meow March release previews Day 4

Wednesday, March 20, 2013


It's day 4 of previews at The Craft's Meow. Four brand new stamp sets will be released tomorrow, Thursday March 21st. That's also The Craft's Meow 2nd birthday! How cool is that! Today the design team are previewing Sweet Silhouettes designed by Nina B Designs, this stamp set is the March free gift with $50 purchase. Ok, so here's my card!


I decided to make a simple gatefold card with the silhouette as the focal point. The gorgeous label stamp in this set co-ordinates with Spellbinders Labels Ten dies. There are five sweet silhouettes in this little set along with three sentiments.


The patterned paper is from Woodland Park by October Afternoon and I just inked the edges with some black ink and a blending tool. 


To color behind the silhouette I stamped a separate mask and cut out the inside of the oval leaving the banner in place, then using a blending tool and Victorian Velvet Distress Ink I created the soft blush background. Then I colored the frame and silhouette details with Worn Lipstick and Crushed Olive Distress Markers. 


The touches of bling are from Want2Scrap Classy Corners - Grace by Nina Brackett. I like to snip elements from the bling designs rather than using the whole design, sometimes it's nice to add just a touch.

As part of The Craft's Meow birthday celebrations there will be TWO WINNERS of a stamp set per day, with a bonus on blog hop day, when two lucky winners will win the entire release! Deadline for comments on The Craft's Meow blog is 8:00pm PST each day. I'll see you again tomorrow for the release day blog hop! 

2 comments

  1. So elegant. Love the color choices. You could put it together with the brooch and have a perfect Mother's Day gift.
    Ours is in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, I love the gate fold card!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.