Waltzingmouse Stamps March Blog Party

Sunday, March 17, 2013


Hello! It's time for the Waltzingmouse Stamps March Blog Party, this month's theme is LUCK! Happy St.Patrick's Day by the way! I was feeling the urge to make a great big shamrock so I used the heart stamp from the Celtic Heritage stamp set, stamped it three times, cut out, inked the edges and made a little stem. I also scored the middle of each and curled the petals to give them a bit of shape.


The Celtic border is from the Irish Blessings stamp set and the sentiment is from the Celtic Heritage stamp set both stamped in Coffee Ink on some Kraft cardstock. I also added a bit of debossing to add a bit of texture at the top of that panel.


Those cute little shamrocks I used to make the background pattern are from the Irish Blessings stamp set, stamped in Emerald green of course! : ) The cardstock is Core'dinations and I used some Antique Linen and Vintage Photo Distress Inks to distress the edges.


I'm off to check out the rest of the creations in the Waltzingmouse Stamps Blog Party! I hope you're having a great St.Patrick's Day wherever you are today! : ) It's a holiday here tomorrow because St.Patrick's Day was on a Sunday! Yay!!


18 comments

  1. I love your big shamrock Clare, and the fab texture and pretty crochet lace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That shamrock is the coolest I have ever seen on a card, Clare! Love the faint Celtic pattern and the shading on it. The stamped background to match is awesome...can't forget about the lovely look of the lace! What a beautiful St. Patrick's Day card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great clover for a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card Clare!! Great shamrock(you always do something with shaped flowers, so the shaped shamrock is so you!! :-) Have a great day over there in Ireland on this special day!! Hugs, Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the large shamrock ! Such a beautiful card, love the lace and twine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning!!
    I love that shamrock...
    the subtle stamping and it looks so lifelike!!
    And YAY for a long weekend...
    those are always the best!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the celtic border! I love love love the lace and twine too! Just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Claire I love your card, the beautiful lace and twine bow too. The border is the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the close ups that let me get a good look at all the work that went into this. Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! I love that big shamrock, Clare, and the kraft is so pretty with the green! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another beautiful creation Clare with your use of all the various images that have tons of dimension and interest. FABULOUS job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a super card! Love the big shamrock and the stitched in lace and twine detail. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super card. I love your giant shamrock and the touch of lace.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful card Clare! love the lace and debossing - and your wonderful large shamrock!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your shamrock - it looks like it's just been picked and the green is gorgeous against the kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, just great!!!!
    Lovely card.
    Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  17. BEAUTIFUL card full of texuters!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.