CASE Study #135

Thursday, April 4, 2013


I can't believe it's April already, it's been so cold the past few weeks, it still feels like winter! It was slightly warmer yesterday, 9˚C, so myself and Isabelle (she's still on her Easter holidays until Monday) popped out to the garden for a little while to catch up on sowing some seeds in trays and to plant some bare root roses. Here's hoping it warms up a little more. Anyway, on to the card! We have a new muse for April at CASE Study, she's one talented lady - JJ Bolton. Check out her gorgeous card this week.


So, I CASEd the raised die cut lettering but instead of repeating the stamping on the lettering I tried something a little different and repeated the embossing I used for the background.


The embossing folder is from Couture Creations and I used some Core'dinations cardstock from the Super Assortment pack. I just sanded the embossed surface and used a dry brush technique with some white acrylic paint. The pretty White Scalloped Lace is from Craft Fairy.


We have a new guest designer for the month of April, it's the lovely Anya Schrier. I can't wait to see her fabulous creations this month.


Don't forget to have a look at what my CASE Study team mates have come up with this week. Have a great day!

Chupa
Amy Wanford
Andrea Ewen
Debby Hughes
Jean Martin
Maureen Plut
Teresa Kline
Teneale Williams
Jeanne Jachna 

10 comments

  1. A beautiful card, great colours and I love that embossing folder I have to say....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous embossing so feminine and rich at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! I love the technique you've used and the addition of paint.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing. lynne from OZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came over here from CASE Study to tell you that your card is just lovely! Please tell me - what is the dry brush technique? I only recently bought an embossing machine & Coredinations. I want to now learn how to make stunning cards like yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynda! The dry brush technique is simply where you use a dry paint brush (I use an artist's fan brush), no water and some acrylic paint. Just add a tiny amount of acrylic paint to the dry brush, it's much easier to add more paint in layers than take it away, and lightly drag across the surface of your paper. It really highlights the embossing. I usually lightly sandpaper the surface of the embossed paper first before adding the paint. I hope that helps and have fun embossing! : )

      Delete
  6. It does help, Clare! Thank you! If my try turns out 1/2-way decent, I'll send you a link!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Clare. I like the soft shades and the embossed lettering is lovely. I hadn't seen the dry brush technique before so thanks for sharing your process - it's one I'll be sure to try out :) Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is just a stunner Clare! I just want to reach out and touch it:) I love how you took the embossing to the letters too! Gorgeous for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate your comments, thanks!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.